Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Situation hasn't really changed in my opinion....

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Didn't see most of the 1st half of Burnley v Ipswich, but Burnley were certainly not easing off. They could/should have had at least 1 other goal, and defended as if the result was still very important to them.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
1 Leicester 45 39 99
2 Burnley 45 35 92
3 Derby. 45 32 84
4 QPR 45 15 77
5 Reading 45 14 70
6 Wigan 44 13 70
7 Brighton 45 14 69
8 Blackburn 45 7 67

Birmingham have to beat Wigan at home in the week or it's almost curtains for them, then Wigan have to face the form team of
Blackburn away = NIL POiNTS for Wigan.

Reading lose at home following an Ashley Barnes final day double! NIL POINTS for Reading.

We draw at Forest and still finish 5th.

QPR in the playoffs for us.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
1Leicester453999
2Burnley 453592
3Derby. 453284
4QPR 451577
5Reading 451470
6Wigan 441370
7Brighton 451469
8Blackburn 45767

Birmingham have to beat Wigan at home in the week or it's almost curtains for them, then Wigan have to face the form team of
Blackburn away = NIL POiNTS for Wigan.

Reading lose at home following an Ashley Barnes final day double! NIL POINTS for Reading.

We draw at Forest and still finish 5th.

QPR in the playoffs for us.

I would love it if it panned out like this.......

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I would remind everyone that Dyche has reminded his team that, individually, they ar playing for places in the premier league until their contracts are signed. Also, anyone who has played the game knows its a lot easier to play with style when you're not shitting yourself over messing up the teams chances of a top 6 finish...Reading, be assured, are shitting themselves.

With that in mind I'm also thinking of a similar scenario at Forest. Some on here seem to think it will be just a formality for The Albion given that Forest are now out of contention. I hope they are right but suspect it will be nerve-wracking, to say the least. But I also wonder if Stuart Pearce will appear in their dressing room for a pre-match talk and remind the Forest players that if they want to have a future at the Club under his new regime they will need to impress him against us. Forest may be looking to lighten their wage bill and he might be considering a cull of any not prepared to die for his cause.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
With that in mind I'm also thinking of a similar scenario at Forest. Some on here seem to think it will be just a formality for The Albion given that Forest are now out of contention. I hope they are right but suspect it will be nerve-wracking, to say the least. But I also wonder if Stuart Pearce will appear in their dressing room for a pre-match talk and remind the Forest players that if they want to have a future at the Club under his new regime they will need to impress him against us. Forest may be looking to lighten their wage bill and he might be considering a cull of any not prepared to die for his cause.

and similairly Oscar should be saying the same thing!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Forest have 12 first team squad members likely to miss our match with them next week.

Word from Nottingham is they will be giving a few of the youth players a game.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
But we don't - a draw may be enough.

We do. There is no scenario where us playing for a point is a wise move. We might be lucky enough to end up getting in the play-offs with a point, but our mentality HAS to be to go for the win. And even that might not be enough. But to consider playing for anything else is unthinkable.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Birmingham have won only two games at home this season. About time they made it three against Wigan but it doesn't look hopeful . Birmingham are truely awful atm, just hope dropping into the bottom three gives them all a kick up the arse.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
My bums already squeaked enough this season. I'm going for a lie down until May.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Birmingham have won only two games at home this season. About time they made it three against Wigan but it doesn't look hopeful . Birmingham are truely awful atm, just hope dropping into the bottom three gives them all a kick up the arse.

Their return match against Wigan was 0-0 with 10 men as Lingaard had been sent off.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Forest have 12 first team squad members likely to miss our match with them next week.

Word from Nottingham is they will be giving a few of the youth players a game.

I find this hard to believe, sounds like wishful thinking. Forest fans are already fed up with the Davies saga and their poor run of form, I can't see the club putting the boot in further by playing a second string in the final game of the season. Especially at home. All Forest players will be expected to make a positive statement to the fans in their last match as a reward for loyalty over the season, not a two fingered salute...

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The situation HAS changed.....the main factor in our favour is that Forest now have no chance of going up. This definitely makes things easier for us next Saturday. We could still c*ck it up, of course.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I wouldn't worry about it, we'll destroy this division next season, you heard it here first :)

el punal

Strange as it may seem, Reading winning yesterday may do us a favour. By that I mean we will have to attack Forest from the off, rather than play a cautious, defensive away game.

Anyway, I have accepted that we won't make the play-offs (reverse psychology and all that!), so that when I'm cheering the lads on at the City Ground next Saturday I won't have a care in the world!

P.S. Veteran of last season's Palace debacle, 1991 Play-Off Final, and the 1978 last match against Blackpool with Saints/Spurs stitch-up result. Never rely on hope!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here