Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sitting on the train next to Glenn FFS Murray

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Would he have preferred an upright seat, rather than horizontal?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
What did he spend his thirty pieces of silver on?

It is a bit ironic that he potentially had this career ending injury against us, he might play again, but someone of his age with this kind of injury may well struggle to recover fully. I wouldnt be suprised to see him hang his boots up after seeing out his new contract, without much playing... ala Hinshelwood, Hoskins etc

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
It is a bit ironic that he potentially had this career ending injury against us, he might play again, but someone of his age with this kind of injury may well struggle to recover fully. I wouldnt be suprised to see him hang his boots up after seeing out his new contract, without much playing... ala Hinshelwood, Hoskins etc

With the incentive to play at the top level i guarantee he will be back for our run in .

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
With the incentive to play at the top level i guarantee he will be back for our run in .

I am sure he will be keen to, but have seen these injuries all too often (had three of these ops myself) and his age is not on his side.
I am also not disputing that his goals have not warranted a contract and probably paid for this new contract.

Without Zaha, Murray and Holloways tatical ability when on a losing run I do wonder how things will pan out. But we have our own worries so will save the goading........ for now.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

For a few months, maybe. He's no better or worse than Lambert so could have been a brief International. If he'd given his all for us I reckon he'd be a Premier League player for a team a little further up the league

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
For a few months, maybe. He's no better or worse than Lambert so could have been a brief International. If he'd given his all for us I reckon he'd be a Premier League player for a team a little further up the league
Well he gave his all for us and you know what ? hes in the premier league .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
And another season spent doing F all on the bench. Crossing over to another thread: Footballers with bad attitudes. Exhibit A-Glenn Murray.

Hes been spot on with us , maybe like dobbie he feels loved here .

Hes been spot on with us , maybe like dobbie he feels loved here .

He wasn't so spot on in his first season - you know the one when the crowd turned on him and booed him and wanted him gone. Short memories.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
He wasn't so spot on in his first season - you know the one when the crowd turned on him and booed him and wanted him gone. Short memories.

Nah , dont remember that , wheres your special friend tonight ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I like Glenn Murray and I liked him from the day we signed him, there is some ill informed re-writing of history regarding his first two seasons here. He had an injury for much of it which the club did not sort out whilst he continued to play in pain. Quality player and guy, hope he makes a full recovery, comes back scores goals, gives Palace fans hope but all too late to avoid relegation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here