Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sitting in the saints end

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've sat in the home seats at St.Mary's - for the game when McGhee kicked Kuipers and Knight off the team bus, and we lost 2-1.

They were tickets through work, so we were perfectly entitled to have them, and it wasn't a group of lads - me, my wife, my sister and my Dad.

It was going okay, until just before half time Mayo equalised (I mean what were the CHANCES of THAT!) and my Dad stood up to clap. Nothing lairy, just clapping. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed some snidey woman go scuttling off to a steward and start pointing.

the steward dissapeared, presumably to fetch some mates, so we scarpered to some new seats, as close as we could get to the Albion fans, and kept our heads down.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've sat in the home seats at St.Mary's - for the game when McGhee kicked Kuipers and Knight off the team bus, and we lost 2-1.

They were tickets through work, so we were perfectly entitled to have them, and it wasn't a group of lads - me, my wife, my sister and my Dad.

It was going okay, until just before half time Mayo equalised (I mean what were the CHANCES of THAT!) and my Dad stood up to clap. Nothing lairy, just clapping. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed some snidey woman go scuttling off to a steward and start pointing.

the steward dissapeared, presumably to fetch some mates, so we scarpered to some new seats, as close as we could get to the Albion fans, and kept our heads down.
f*** me what a sad bitch. I was in the home end that day with most of my family (including redneb) and when Mayo equalised right in front of us, I leapt up punching the air and all sorts. Then quickly sat down in my seat remembering where I was and if anything feeling a bit embarrassed that I hadn't reigned myself in a bit. :lolol:

But there was not a peep out of anyone. Indeed the Southampton fans near us were quite magnanimus about it really. So I guess it all depends whether you're sitting. But for Albion in the home end not wishing to be kicked out, I'd recommend the corner we were sitting - that's the other corner on the same side of the pitch but the opposite end as the Albion fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here