Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sitting in the home end at away matches

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Millwall, family enclosure. I have posted on this before so won't repeat myself. Except to say that we won, and it was brilliant :bhasign:

Oh yes, Reading, when we pipped them as champions. I have posted on this too.

Hang on, Dagenham (and ditto).

Clearly (3 out of 1000+) I try to not make a habit of it. Needs must etc. Would NEVER go WITH an oppo supporting mate, for reasons stated eloquently by others. I'd rather schizzle my scrotum with sandpaper.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
At Crystal Palace couple of years ago 1-1 No away tickets left by the time I realised I was free to go. Used my relatives address nearby to get ticket in home stand. Not something I would choose but no problem sitting with some nice Palace supporters

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Did it at West Ham when they beat us 3-0 in the cup as I couldn't get tickets in the away end. Didn't enjoy it at all. Hove Seagull and I have put a few away fans in their place at Withdean when we had them in the family stand and they've been vocal. One Norwich fan in particular springs to mind.

When we played Northwich Victoria back in 2008/09(?) and beat them 8-0 we had the away fans right next to us with no neutral area and there were a few NW fans, worse the wear for drink, giving us abuse. One fat mess in particular thought he'd be hilarious with all the gay jibes until my then 8 year old stood on his chair and pointed at him and shouted "You're too ugly to be gay". There's no comeback from that and the bloke shut up.

Feb 14, 2010
Lots of times, Spurs, Brentford, Orient, West Ham, Leeds to name a few. Never a problem. Also been in the away end at the Amex with the away fans with a friend of another club. The West Stand is I can say first hand, very very loud.

Jan 30, 2008
Agreed. I've been to games with mates who support the other side - we spend pre- and post-match with each other but you watch the match with your own. I don't understand why you'd not.

The only home end I've done is Spurs away in the Cup, precisely for the reason you state. I was second row right in the corner that Keane ran to when he scored his absolute corker to knock us out. My cover was blown at that point.
I was in the shelf that day:whistle:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Grimsby away on the sunday when we got relegated, 3 of us went without out tickets and bought tickets for the main stand, joke when the club were telling people to not travel without a ticket :)walked in and went for a piss came out and a Grimsby chap said you've brought a few today???
regards
DR

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Grimsby away on the sunday when we got relegated, 3 of us went without out tickets and bought tickets for the main stand, joke when the club were telling people to not travel without a ticket :)walked in and went for a piss came out and a Grimsby chap said you've brought a few today???
regards
DR
uploadfromtaptalk1455831329145.jpgDo you think its coz they recognised you dez?

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I was in the home seats at the Hereford game.......not being able to celebrate that goal has made every other 'in the home end' experience a piece of piss.

I was in the home seats that day, very awkward afternoon.

When we scored it seemed like half the home seats were Brighton!

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
1982. West Ham. First away game whilst 15. Our end sold out.

Sat in Hammers end. 1-1 but had to stifle going apeshit twice as it was a penalty.

Never again

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The only legitimate reason to sit in the home end is if you can't get a ticket in the away end.

Yep and thats happened to me TWICE!

Hereford in "that" game.

Palace Holmesdale for the 1-0!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
regards
DR

It's because you didn't smell of cod :)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I was in the home seats that day, very awkward afternoon.

When we scored it seemed like half the home seats were Brighton!
Plenty of us up there. Not a pleasant match, but a great result.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Hereford - wife's best mate's brother got 5 tickets weeks ahead as was planning a house party in Stow that weekend and he knew I was a Brighton fan. Wow!
When I lived up north I went the home end a fair few times when I turned up to find it was all ticket for away fans - Chesterfield on a midweek sticks out. We won 2-0 or 2-1 and Bobby scored by kicking the ball out the keeper's hands when the ref's back was turned. That was fun!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here