Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Singing section letters

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Exactly.
I often wonder where the 2000 odd that go to away games sit on home games, if the same fans were around each other in the NS then the atmosphere would be great.

And if the north stand was a terrace then a lot of us would.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Well what does "Singing Section" actually mean. If it means singing count us in but if it means "standing" then we will have to move. My daughter comes in a wheelchair but gets out and struggles up the steps on crutches to get to "her" seat as it has been since the stadium opened. Fortunately, we are on the edge and the people in front are unlikely to stand but if others do, we will probably have to move. That would be disappointing.
It will be standing, 99% sure of it

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
What about those people who have seats behind the goal, or to the side of it, who like their seats and have a good view and don't want to spend their time singing banal songs about crystal palace?

What about them? The singing section is the back 12 rows so won't effect those who choose to sit further down the front sucking their toffees.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
What about those people who have seats behind the goal, or to the side of it, who like their seats and have a good view and don't want to spend their time singing banal songs about crystal palace?

You can enjoy the delightful sound of the PBC all around you... woooah, woooah... we are the sussex... mutter... mutter... by the sea... woooah etc... repeat ad nauseam

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
On the plus side, this PB does seem to be listening to the fans........ but still not quite sure how it is going to work.

Presumably they have already identified an area to accommodate the (not for long) PBC in the back 12 rows of the four blocks. If not, then I'm struggling with the logistics. Fortunately its not my problem; just hope they do get us all together for the start of the season.

And yes, the stewards will need a lot of pre-season "common sense" training, or we'll quickly be back where we started.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
On the plus side, this PB does seem to be listening to the fans........ but still not quite sure how it is going to work.

Presumably they have already identified an area to accommodate the (not for long) PBC in the back 12 rows of the four blocks. If not, then I'm struggling with the logistics. Fortunately its not my problem; just hope they do get us all together for the start of the season.

And yes, the stewards will need a lot of pre-season "common sense" training, or we'll quickly be back where we started.

Maybe they are hoping people will vacate their seats to allow the PBC to come across. If they had already moved over then there would not be a need for the letters. I think this is going to be a slow process by the club, they are going to have to gentle persuade people to move elsewhere. The irony of it all is that a lot of people move to the north for the atmosphere, not realizing that they have to actually help sing.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
- good initiative by the club but they will have to see it through and move "non-singing sitters" to accommodate those who do wish to participate

- the club will need to give the stewards clear instructions that those of us in the "singing section" are to be left well alone

- we will NEVER get the club to even support the concept of safe standing all the time Barber is here. He has consistently refused to consider it or associate the club with the safe standing campaign

- from what was said on another thread (some while ago) the in-ground acoustics was never a significant consideration when the Amex was designed so we may, forever, be lumbered with the Brighton Centre of football grounds.

Camdavies94

Jun 19, 2015
About to buy my first season ticket, Past few seasons have been in n1d/c, still think anywhere in the back 12 rows will be bouncing or more to one side?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
About to buy my first season ticket, Past few seasons have been in n1d/c, still think anywhere in the back 12 rows will be bouncing or more to one side?

Come and join us in N1F row U (behind goal, slightly to left as you look at pitch) :banana: :banana: :banana:

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
I know this is an old thread but used to have a season ticket in N1F last year, row V and due to baby didnt renew.

About to buy Preston tickets to take a Yank friend but back rows arent available there....where is the 'new' singing section, is the NW corner still loud?

Want to try and show him a bit of atmosphere so any help appreciated in where is best now in the North

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I know this is an old thread but used to have a season ticket in N1F last year, row V and due to baby didnt renew.

About to buy Preston tickets to take a Yank friend but back rows arent available there....where is the 'new' singing section, is the NW corner still loud?

Want to try and show him a bit of atmosphere so any help appreciated in where is best now in the North

I'm pretty sure that where I sit there are a few seats near the back which are available as they haven't been sold on the season ticket website. I sit in N1H row Y seat 428
I have moved up near the back as where I sat before in N1H row t, people did not sing to much and now I can be free and sing along. Getting a little carried away. But you might want to stay the other side as I know it is not as loud.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here