Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Singing section letters

theboybilly

Why can't they just move everybody who wants to sing to the vicinity of under the Police Box? Everybody seems to stand there anyway so it shouldn't inconvenience those who, through preference or ability to do so (especially those in N1F and N1G), want to sit down but keep their view higher up in the stand. I think the club have cocked-up a little with this one. I'm in N1A and rather like Judge and the NKS lot.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
It's a welcome effort by the club, but unless there are a sizeable number of less vocal fans in the sections highlighted who are prepared to move – and vocal fans who want to move more to the centre of the stand into any vacated seats – it's hard to see how it's likely to change much.

I'm guessing plenty of the less vocal Albion fans in the central areas of the North are there because it's the cheapest season ticket option. And it's not a bad view.
Will be interesting to see how many are willing to move ...

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
This 'singing section' stuff is killing the atmosphere.

What makes me sing, is when we're playing well or battling, for instance when we've got a corner or momentum is building. I really do need to watch the match to feel in the mood for singing Albion chants. Creating a singing end makes the whole singing thing somewhat of a chore. You either sing or you move.

What about just doing what feels right? How about everyone do what the effing hell they want, sing, talk, dance etc. Why do we need a section for it?

I don't understand why we couldn't have just asked Robbie Williams down for a few games?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
The club ended up banning the more vocal fans the first couple of seasons and jumped on everyone's back when they stood up.

Fast forward a couple more seasons and now they want people to generate a better atmosphere. They had one there, groups of blokes like to have a beer and be jovial, but when big brother is on your case and threatened with being band or constantly told to sit people behave differently, this is when the atmosphere starts to decline... Along with crap football of course.

Hopefully this is a step in the right direction though.

How many got banned?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I DEMAND a Drinking Section, but it'll never happen :lolol:

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What about those people who have seats behind the goal, or to the side of it, who like their seats and have a good view and don't want to spend their time singing banal songs about crystal palace?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It's a good idea I think but needs to have a little bit more done to allow this to happen. As has been pointed out the north has the cheapest seats along with the south and currently many people reside in the north because if this. It's been mentioned numerous time and if it were possible move the away fans to either the south east or North east part of the stadium. Move family and others who want the cheaper seats to the south and fill the north with those that want to join in. Cheap seats aplenty to the home fans and with the away fans closer to the north a better atmosphere is likely anyway.
Will never happen obviously

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
Does that mean the fans who slag other fans for not singing their songs will be able to slag off a lot more fans that don't want to sing their songs?

TB

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
What about those people who have seats behind the goal, or to the side of it, who like their seats and have a good view and don't want to spend their time singing banal songs about crystal palace?

They can remain sitting its only the back 12 rows, if they just want to sit behind a goal and not join in then move a couple of seats forward or go in the south stand.

Seriously can't imagine they are in the majority.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here