Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Singing section letters

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Well what does "Singing Section" actually mean. If it means singing count us in but if it means "standing" then we will have to move. My daughter comes in a wheelchair but gets out and struggles up the steps on crutches to get to "her" seat as it has been since the stadium opened. Fortunately, we are on the edge and the people in front are unlikely to stand but if others do, we will probably have to move. That would be disappointing.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
crikey cant wait------ singing section ! my music teacher at school wouldn't believe it --me in the singing section !!!!!!!!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Usually I'd agree, but in this case it's a good move by the club.

To me they're just trying to encourage people who don't want to get involved to clear off and leave the singers to it. With allocated seating I don't think there's any other option.
It's another damned if they do moment I think.

The atmosphere has been criticised endlessly (not unfairly), so any move by the club should at least be welcomed as a sign of progress.

It's hard to believe for many people but the club does also have to cater to those who enjoy sitting/can't stand and are perhaps a little quieter (for whatever reason), this seems a fair compromise.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's another damned if they do moment I think.

The atmosphere has been criticised endlessly (not unfairly), so any move by the club should at least be welcomed as a sign of progress.

It's hard to believe for many people but the club does also have to cater to those who enjoy sitting/can't stand and are perhaps a little quieter (for whatever reason), this seems a fair compromise.

Sums it up nicely

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I know a fair amount of people already stand there, but is the end of the hostilities between fans and stewards in the back 12 rows of those blocks?

I reckon so. It's just easier for the club to subtly acknowledge it. I still think there'll be the odd 'please can you sit down' but they'll probably be more lenient.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
It's a good idea by moving all the singers to the centre, it may just create an atmosphere now instead of having two groups singing completely different songs at the same time.
Well done.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Good idea, although I think the dire performances were the real reason for poor atmosphere. If the team starts performing then atmosphere will look after itself.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I reckon so. It's just easier for the club to subtly acknowledge it. I still think there'll be the odd 'please can you sit down' but they'll probably be more lenient.

The club ended up banning the more vocal fans the first couple of seasons and jumped on everyone's back when they stood up.

Fast forward a couple more seasons and now they want people to generate a better atmosphere. They had one there, groups of blokes like to have a beer and be jovial, but when big brother is on your case and threatened with being band or constantly told to sit people behave differently, this is when the atmosphere starts to decline... Along with crap football of course.

Hopefully this is a step in the right direction though.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Aye i got such a letter. Should be alright. Where i generally be is right inbetween the same song being twicely sung a tenth of a second apart. It bebothers me not knowing who to side with. I'd rather we warbled at the same time, so if this brings that about, i'm all in favour.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
To be honest that is quite sad when we have to do that, we make fun of other clubs who do the same...

It should be spontaneous.

Easier said than done when seats are sold to people before they know where people are likely to gather to sing within the ground, also they don't have the option of moving closer to join in like an open terrace offers. As a result, we have been left with small groups of singer scattered around the stand instead with little hope of being able to move them closer together due to the seats in between being occupied.

A half empty stand and it would have been able to occur more spontaneously

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Good idea, although I think the dire performances were the real reason for poor atmosphere. If the team starts performing then atmosphere will look after itself.

Catch 22.

A good atmosphere can lift the teams performance too. (Fulham away for example)

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Catch 22.

A good atmosphere can lift the teams performance too. (Fulham away for example)

Exactly.
I often wonder where the 2000 odd that go to away games sit on home games, if the same fans were around each other in the NS then the atmosphere would be great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here