Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What a tragedy. RIP.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
This is a horrible one. Sinead had faced so much trouble and tragedy in her life. From afar, you always hoped that she'd find peace, but worried that she might not. She'll be remembered for her talent, but also for her raw honesty and bravery. She put the truth before her own interests and was horribly condemned for shouting out loud about things that people didn't want to hear. History proved her to have been right, but that didn't undo the damage that the backlash must have done to an outwardly tough, but obviously already fragile young woman.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I didn’t like NCTY, grew to appreciate with time.
I do have Madieko or however it’s spelt in my collection mind, that was my fav of hers. Good song.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
RIP, sad news.

On a side note, fearing a backlash here, I do wonder if it’s worth having a general RIP tributes thread or perhaps a prefix of some sort for these threads.
We've been through this before though. A general RIP thread doesn't catch the eye like a specific one. You might ignore it because you think it's one sad loss and it's another. Case in point this week. Trevor Francis and Vince Hill went first, closely followed by Chris Bart-Williams and now Sinead. If you only looked in after the first one, you might miss the rest altogether. NSC is usually the first time I learn somebody has died. RIP Sinead by the way. Had some challenges in her relatively short life. But now, her voice of an angel will be in good company.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
When I was a nipper of 17 or so, I worked on the tills at the CoOp by the dog track, now a Waitrose. One time we were trying to flog off tellys and had a row of them behind the checkouts. Every “n” minutes a video would start on them which was the NC2U video. Punters would see this black background with this stunning shaven headed woman on singing in the voice of an angel. Those of us working the tills heard the same song every “n” minutes every day. It took me another 5 years after I left to ever play it again.

I did eventually listen to much of her other output though - she was quite prolific and diverse in the 90s. And, my word, what a voice.

I’m not surprised she’s passed on, but I am saddened. RIP.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
I was a university student when she exploded onto the music scene. I adored her. And I adored her concert film from 1990. And I adored this song most of all, one of the most haunting ever recorded. Listening to the lyrics today, my heart just breaks into a thousand little pieces. RIP, my apple tree, my brightness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here