Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Simple straw poll: New Home Shirt - YAY/NAY ?

New Home Shirt

• YAY

Votes: 96 15.8%
  • NAY

Votes: 403 66.5%
  • M-EH

Votes: 107 17.7%

• Total voters

Yoda

English & European
shit-pile.gif

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Apparently the shorts also have the yellow pinstripe down the middle.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The last time we had a shit kit, we endured the most frustrating, irritating season ever. And even that 2019/20 kit (blue with pinstripes) was better than this one.

Just sayin

The pinstripes were more marmite than this. Could see obvious reasons why some disliked it but at least it looked smart. This has absolutely no redeeming features. Not one

Last edited:

I’m still wearing Withdean era shirts so I guess this thread isn’t going to affect me overmuch, tho I did like the away and training tops of last season

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Makes us look like Wigan. Proper Championship kit.

Certainly my least favourite of the Amex era. Comfortably. Far, far too much going on, and really don't like the blue shape across the shoulders and top of the shirt.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I don't understand the need to change the kits radically every season. Liverpool, Man Utd, Rangers etc will only have minor changes, but they will still be the traditional designs of those clubs.

This doesn't look like a Brighton top.

Man Utd had a 3rd kit in the 90's that was similar to this, in fact, having just had a look it would be more suitable for us than this

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Man Utd had a 3rd kit in the 90's that was similar to this, in fact, having just had a look it would be more suitable for us than this

That's a 3rd kit though not the official home kit. I like the away kit, no problem with that.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The worst kit since 98 for me.

Worse than the Argentina blue (although the rumoured story behind how that come about is very amusing), the pin stripes at least it was smart and was different enough as a one off. This is just really really shit. Amazed at how bad it is, it’s almost funny at least when someone says your shirts shit I won’t even deny it. Not good for the club in terms of revenue but I hope sales of this are ****ing dreadful.

No wonder they took so long to release it. They clearly didn’t want us to see it.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Maybe the club has a ton of retro Bukta shirts they want to shift?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
So the club have released a shirt only 10% of fans actually like (and they are probably Palace!).

Why don't they ask fans their opinions on potential designs? How much say do Nike have? Brighton's a creative city. I'm sure there are loads of local designers who could come up with something better than that steaming pile of crap.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I'm guessing most of us who used to say we should wear the home shirt as often as possible are suddenly supporting that away shirt for away games thing that was so annoying.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I appreciate most of us on here are 40 plus and I always try not to be the miserable old git when it comes to things I maybe don’t understand that kids like. BUT, surely even the kids can’t like this?!

Will be getting the 6 and 8 year old opinion in the morning anyway.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm not had a shirt since the 1970s, but that is horrifically bad. Shocking.

Would probably work as the front cover of The Highway Code from the 1980s with it's ridiculous big H and the blue road running up the middle.

I'm glad Habitat duvet cover designers from the era are still in work, but what on earth are the club thinking.

Last edited:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Not for me, so many interesting designs that stretch what a kit can look like, this is painfully conservative!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here