[Albion] Simple straw poll: New Home Shirt - YAY/NAY ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Home Shirt

• YAY

Votes: 96 15.8%
  • NAY

Votes: 403 66.5%
  • M-EH

Votes: 107 17.7%

• Total voters

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not the market as I never buy replica shirts, but still, our shirt design matters to me - and that is shit. I don't like the whole 'H' design, it looks more suitable for a rugby or American football team (although American football shirt designs are usually quite plain and don't radically alter that much). Just my personal opinion, but it will spoil my enjoyment a bit next season. And I haven't read this whole thread but I'm expecting Palace fans to pop up and gloat as it seems to be a rip-off of their designs: ("Copying us as usual!").

Anyway, there will be no point in emailing Barber to complain as firstly the deed is done, and secondly you'll be told, Trump style, that it's that fastest selling shirt in the whole history of replica kits worldwide.

As an aside it will be interesting to see how many of those we see around. Anybody who can spend £25+ on that is someone who is safely insulated from the Cost of Living crisis. Give it a miss this year and see if next season's is any better.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Having had the chance to sleep on it, I’ve had another look at it this morning and yeah, it’s still utterly abysmal.

I was just about to post exactly the same.

Nike are shit

The shirt is shit on every level from ring stinging rocks to fizzy gravy and everything in between.

The club should be ahamed to be associated with such tat and for signing off a woeful design, I sincerely hope it sells so badly it hurts their pockets.

Its frankly damaging the club and cities identity on the grand stage.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Horrible.

Is the club trying to introduce yellow as the third official colour? In that case... WHY?
Presumably:

Screenshot_20220722-074213_eBay.jpg

In addition, although the yellow in the stripes is new, yellow trim on our kit is not.

Last edited:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Approx 300 votes and only 10% say Yay. Which group of nob heads signed this off.

Can we pretend this hasn’t happened and just use last year’s home shirt?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Approx 300 votes and only 10% say Yay. Which group of nob heads signed this off.

The more I see the new one, the less I like it.

That said, is it possible that a poll on a site largely populated by middle aged blokes, a lot of whom wouldn't buy it whatever it looked like, might not be a representative sample of the fanbase?

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
The more I see the new one, the less I like it.

That said, is it possible that a poll on a site largely populated by middle aged blokes, a lot of whom wouldn't buy it whatever it looked like, might not be a representative sample of the fanbase?

Trouble is out of my 4 children ages from 12-20 not one of them like it, think it could be a very niche market.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It’s the morning after and I still hate it. My other half also hates it and she’s quite on trend when it comes to fashion.

However, my 6 and 8 year olds really like it so if the kids like it, I guess that’s job done from the club’s point of view [emoji2357]

They will, however, be getting the away kit for Christmas whether they like it or not!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports