Simple NSC EU poll

Do you want the UK in or out of the EU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Moved back now Blackadder , I think may be for a while yet ! I admit it was easy for me to live out there for business purposes but then so it was for many manufacturing companies from the UK looking for cheap property and labour and in turn other UK companies coming over to supply these companies .

I will get round to changing my name !

Fair enough.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
10297893_10152033032177471_3417920355303603210_n.jpg

People don't give a stuff about that, if they did then UKIP wouldn't be a force.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I voted to join the Common Market,not a European Union.If I'd known then how much the EU would cost us financially and politically,I'd have said 'on your bike'.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Very left wing point of view...there again unions only look at what benefits them and not the country. How do those benefits shown stack up against a fee of over £55m a day and a massive trade imbalance where we import more from Europe than we export to them.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Not voted on this poll as it doesn't fit how I stand.

If serious re negotiating happens to my/our satisfaction I would vote in.

If we get nothing new and EU carries on with dodgy accounts, no proper immigration controls etc. I would vote out.

Have to see how land lies in 2017. In the meantime will cast my protest vote tomorrow.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If we leave I will be jobless in my view.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Could you kindly list some of these reasons please?

A question away from the EU poll - Would you prefer someone who doesn't speak your language in another country to make your laws and rules, or someone local?

Because I am well aware of the background and history of the EU, the visionaries who founded the Iron and Steel Trades Confederation (or whatever it was called) fairly soon after the end of the second world war, the fact that part of the idea was to prevent further wars in Europe, because when I was a young man and a student I had enormous respect for a number of European politicians, many of them German (People like Willy Brandt), because having worked on occasion with Europeans from France and Germany in particular, but from other parts as well, I personally feel that we have more in common with them than with other English-speaking peoples on the Planet, and because I am a born co-operator.

I realise that the EU is far from Perfect, but I would rather be in it seeking to put it right, than out of it. Whatever Mr Farage says, I think if we left Europe we would become largely irrelevant to the rest of Europe.

And as for your final question, a mixture of the two. We have had numerous governments over the last 35 years with which I would feel completely at odds, and with the current fashion to rail against Human Rights legislation, workplace legislation that comes out of Europe and so on, I would favour the humane European approach over the callous bar stewards that we currently have in power who through their dangerous ignorance dismiss so many huge parts of our population as losers and then seem to do what they can to make their position even worse.

Rant Over. I am going to vote.

Jan 30, 2008
out !, Pointless poll when it's mainly leafy Sussex types WRAPPED UP IN COTTON WOOL, i know that will upset a few but believe me that's what it's like on here, i would suggest it will be a lot closer:wink:
regards
DR

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Because I am well aware of the background and history of the EU, the visionaries who founded the Iron and Steel Trades Confederation (or whatever it was called) fairly soon after the end of the second world war, the fact that part of the idea was to prevent further wars in Europe, because when I was a young man and a student I had enormous respect for a number of European politicians, many of them German (People like Willy Brandt), because having worked on occasion with Europeans from France and Germany in particular, but from other parts as well, I personally feel that we have more in common with them than with other English-speaking peoples on the Planet, and because I am a born co-operator.

I realise that the EU is far from Perfect, but I would rather be in it seeking to put it right, than out of it. Whatever Mr Farage says, I think if we left Europe we would become largely irrelevant to the rest of Europe.

And as for your final question, a mixture of the two. We have had numerous governments over the last 35 years with which I would feel completely at odds, and with the current fashion to rail against Human Rights legislation, workplace legislation that comes out of Europe and so on, I would favour the humane European approach over the callous bar stewards that we currently have in power who through their dangerous ignorance dismiss so many huge parts of our population as losers and then seem to do what they can to make their position even worse.

Rant Over. I am going to vote.

Very much this.

Flex Your Head

Very left wing point of view...there again unions only look at what benefits them and not the country. How do those benefits shown stack up against a fee of over £55m a day and a massive trade imbalance where we import more from Europe than we export to them.

Is basic protection for working people a 'very left wing' concept? I thought it was a common-sense approach. What's your right wing alternative?
I'm guessing you're all in favour of nurses being made to work more than 48 hours a week, bus drivers working 15 hour shifts, sick people shuffling in to work as they can't afford to be ill, and only women who can afford not to work having babies?

"unions only look at what benefits them and not the country". Wrong; unions look after their members, everyday working people from all walks of life. If you think the country would be better off withouth basic protection for employees, you are even dafter than you sound. The only people who would benefit would be the employers ripping off their employees. It would be a return to 18th and early 19th century working conditions, but that's OK with you because protection for workers is left wing.

Epic bellendery.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
As i post the poll is running about 3:1 in favour of remaining in the EU. I have to admit I thought it would be closer. Guess it must be that the UKIPers just shout the loudest.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Is basic protection for working people a 'very left wing' concept? I thought it was a common-sense approach. What's your right wing alternative?
I'm guessing you're all in favour of nurses being made to work more than 48 hours a week, bus drivers working 15 hour shifts, sick people shuffling in to work as they can't afford to be ill, and only women who can afford not to work having babies?

"unions only look at what benefits them and not the country". Wrong; unions look after their members, everyday working people from all walks of life. If you think the country would be better off withouth basic protection for employees, you are even dafter than you sound. The only people who would benefit would be the employers ripping off their employees. It would be a return to 18th and early 19th century working conditions, but that's OK with you because protection for workers is left wing.

Epic bellendery.

Superb post. As I pointed out on one of the many UKIP threads, Farrage wants to roll back virtually every piece of employment legislation we have. Yet people are still willing to vote for UKIP as a 'protest'. If they ever get their way you will really have something to protest about.

Flex Your Head

Superb post. As I pointed out on one of the many UKIP threads, Farrage wants to roll back virtually every piece of employment legislation we have. Yet people are still willing to vote for UKIP as a 'protest'. If they ever get their way you will really have something to protest about.

Thank you. Farage is to the right of Thatcher on many issues; it's genuinely rather worrying. Having said that, UKIP are the ultimate one-trick pony and I suspect that this election will see them at the apex of their popularity with a long decline to follow. Let's hope so anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here