Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Simone Pafundi

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
20m euros for a 17 year old, that isn't going to happen.
ok, imagine if he is the mutz nutz and think how much he would be worth in two seasons.
20 million is a big punt we are not used to here, but Ali J & the singer from Holland were not that far off it, and they do/did not have the potential of this young lad.
I think your stuck in our old mindset that Tony and RDZ are trying to break, let it flow Cowfold, it aint your money.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Considering Facundo Buonanotte coming from a tier 3 league (as far as work permits are concerned) got a work permit then this fella should get one without too much of a problem. As per my previous post even if he doesn't get to the required 15 points we'll get one granted via the exception granted to talented youngsters who aren't old enough to have played the required number of games etc to get them the points.
Surely the definition of a talented youngster these days is a player Brighton are interested in buying. Exemption granted immediately.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I don't believe any of these stories now. We've officially signed one player so far and that came totally out of the blue. Seem to be linked with 5 players a day ATM.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The silicon chip inside his head
Gets switched to overload
And nobody's gonna stop him today
They're gonna wish they stayed at home

And others don't understand it
They only scout players they know
And they can see no reasons
'Cause there are no reasons
What reason do they need to be shown?

(Tell me why)
Simone Pafundi
(Tell me why)
Simone Pafundi
(Tell me why)
Simone Pafundi
He's gonna shoot, ooh, for Albion

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Seems like an awful lot of money for us to spend on a 17yo punt. Is there a source other than the Udinese fan blog?

Although it is a little bit akin to the Kozlowski transfer. Somewhat out of the blue and a very high profile youngster who was already in their national team picture at the time.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
He looks a real talent but €20 million at his age that’s the sort of risk the big boys clubs take not sure we are in that group yet

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The silicon chip inside his head
Gets switched to overload
And nobody's gonna stop him today
They're gonna wish they stayed at home

And others don't understand it
They only scout players they know
And they can see no reasons
'Cause there are no reasons
What reason do they need to be shown?

(Tell me why)
Simone Pafundi
(Tell me why)
Simone Pafundi
(Tell me why)
Simone Pafundi
He's gonna shoot, ooh, for Albion

Great effort but it doesn't quite scan. Simone Pafundi has 6 syllables.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He looks a real talent but €20 million at his age that’s the sort of risk the big boys clubs take not sure we are in that group yet
What's the current exchange rate to the Euro?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
One day we will stop being little old Brighton from the Withdean, and quarter of a century ago Hereford will stop being mentioned every time we are on the f***ing telly.

Would two £8m punts make you sleep easier?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Is £17 million on a 18 year old (we can’t sign him until he turns 18) isn’t really that different to the £30 million we’ve just spent on a 21 year old is it?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Is £17 million on a 18 year old (we can’t sign him until he turns 18) isn’t really that different to the £30 million we’ve just spent on a 21 year old is it?
I can see your point however since TB has been in charge we have tended to buy players for a one or two million or less this if true is a big step up and I am not sure we are financially at that level but then again why would I know TB has never phoned me with any update

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
One day we will stop being little old Brighton from the Withdean, and quarter of a century ago Hereford will stop being mentioned every time we are on the f***ing telly.

Would two £8m punts make you sleep easier?
Or 4 at £4 million I don’t know it’s I am old enough to remember Mike Bamber as chairman when he overspent and it bankruptEd the club

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"Like" in the original is somewhat stretched through so this allowed for the extra syllable

I don't liiike monnn days
Si mone-par. Fun. Di

Works in my head, anyway :lolol:
If you grew up in that era you'll remember Thatcher pop four-piece Duran Duran and their catchy hit:

"Si Moon Pafundi
And a fire dance through the night"

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Do do do
Simone Pafundi
Do do do
It's Brighton's night for sure

:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here