Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simon Hooper in the premier league

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Im sure if the right people came along, who could invest in the playing side AND the infrastructure, they would be interested.
Parish has stated he would still stay on as chairman.
I'm sure they would. What happens in the meantime, is there any plans afoot to redevelop/relocate the stadium and training facilities or is the TV cash being used to just fund the playing side?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I agree with that, if we stay up again this season, we need to announce plans for Selhurst's re-development .
The academy have moved to a new home ( opposite the training ground) for this season, they need a new base urgently.

Yes it must hurt after all these years of having a great academy to see it downgraded to Cat2 and in danger of sinking further. On top of that, to see us now graded higher and playing higher in both u18 and u21 leagues.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I'm sure they would. What happens in the meantime, is there any plans afoot to redevelop/relocate the stadium and training facilities or is the TV cash being used to just fund the playing side?

The training ground has had a £1 mill makeover in the summer, that's why the academy has moved out.
We spent half of our income last season on the playing side, so they are being fairly prudent, but we need some news on Selhurst soon.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Im sure if the right people came along, who could invest in the playing side AND the infrastructure, they would be interested.
Parish has stated he would still stay on as chairman.

What happened to the buy out that was rumoured late last season? Is that still ongoing, were the rumours overstated, or have the potential investors moved on?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Yes it must hurt after all these years of having a great academy to see it downgraded to Cat2 and in danger of sinking further. On top of that, to see us now graded higher and playing higher in both u18 and u21 leagues.

It's still producing decent players, 3 of them went away with the seniors pre season, and gave good accounts of themselves.
Some Cat 1 academies are kicking around the football league, so I don't think it guarantees success,it just produces players that the PL clubs will eventually grab.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I thought hooper was very brave and didn't flinch under extreme pressure from the narwich players and crowd . I would go as far to say his performance was very reminiscent of a certain mark clattenburk .

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought hooper was very brave and didn't flinch under extreme pressure from the narwich players and crowd . I would go as far to say his performance was very reminiscent of a certain mark clattenburk .

Next you'll be saying Ron Challis should have refereed a Cup Final......

It was a shocking performance and as per my earlier post you'd have been gutted if it was the other way round.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm not in the slightest bit bothered about the Palace dimension to this; to me that is inconsequential.

The bottom line is that Hoops is a shocking referee who's decisions defy all logic or reason. Frankly he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a Sunday pub league, let allow professional football.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Next you'll be saying Ron Challis should have refereed a Cup Final......

It was a shocking performance and as per my earlier post you'd have been gutted if it was the other way round.

I would have been gutted but they even out during the season , we've been on the end of some shockers of late . Whilst we're on the subject of old refs what about that kelvin Morton , now he WAS a referee !

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I'm not in the slightest bit bothered about the Palace dimension to this; to me that is inconsequential. :shrug:

The bottom line is that Hoops is a shocking referee who's decisions defy all logic or reason. Frankly he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a Sunday pub league, let allow professional football.

Very much so

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I would have been gutted but they even out during the season , we've been on the end of some shockers of late . Whilst we're on the subject of old refs what about that kelvin Morton , now he WAS a referee !

[emoji23]

I think the evening out is a bit of a myth, judging by the amount of pens Bournemouth got last year.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013

I can't say it bothers me too much; I'm just enjoying being one of the 10 best teams in the country.

As for those defending the referee's shocking performance yesterday, I can only assume you're taking the piss. Jerome scored a wonderful goal and I'd be absolutely f*cking fuming if that happened to us. Norwich weren't a bad side and they must be feeling pretty hard done by. There's not much technical ability in their squad but they could've easily had a confidence boosting point yesterday.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The headline on the Press Association nightlead from Carrow Road yesterday almost read "Fat Rookie Ref Robs Canaries" until PA's Norwich-supporting reporter saw sense (unfortunately).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You're making yourself look a right dick on this thread, tbh. Just accept it was a shocking refereeing display that you were the lucky beneficiaries of.

Cross your fingers that next time you're not on the wrong end of a Hoops performance.
This. Meanwhile I'll be "crossing my fingers" that Palace get "Hoops" in the two bob derby at whatever they call Dean Court these days.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
Thought the ref was nervous on his PL debut, but he got the major decisions just about right.
It was telling that Cameron didn't complain too much after it was disallowed, and from the lino's position, it looked worse then it actually was.
The push was more about battling for position, and Bassong made it more theatrical with the swan dive.
Anyway 3 great away points, and when we gel properly, we will be a very good team.
Frightening strength in depth now.

Karma's a bitch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here