Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] silly names ...?

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
On a slightly different tack...
In the 90s I used to live on a narrow boat on the River Avon. I had the great pleasure of having a family of Swans nearby and one year they had some cygnets. My then girlfriend and her 4yo daughter came to stay one weekend and the daughter was thrilled to see the Swans and how friendly they were. We said that she should give the cygnets names. The names she chose were Wozzy and ****. :)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I was once phoned to go to a nursing home to do a funeral plan for an Arthur Daley, once I'd established it was legit, in conversation with Mr Daley I discovered he was a former Primary School Headmaster from Liverpool, who once taught a pupil named Richard Starkey.

RINGO..?? well i never. slightly off topic but noteworthy none the less,:bigwave:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The stupidest name I ever heard is [MENTION=1131]Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo[/MENTION]

9117A057-4313-41C3-8AC0-7FDAD4F5EFE6.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[MENTION=420]sydney[/MENTION]

happygull

Dec 28, 2011
We had a Theresa Green in our year at school in Reading.... there's probably a few around!

Yes there are quite a few, there is one where i currently work but even her name is topped by another employee .... her name being Wanda Webb

i blame the parents

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
RINGO..?? well i never. slightly off topic but noteworthy none the less,:bigwave:

Indeed, Arthur said Mrs Starkey was at the end of her tether with young Richard, but I never established if this was before or after the drum lessons started.

Another off topic tangent but a great pub story when he told it was my mate Alan Illingworth who played League Cricket in Bradford with Peter Suttcliffe's Dad and Brother in the late 1960's, Peter came to watch a couple of games in his teens and even then Illy described him as 'odd'.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Adolf Hütter, the Austrian born coach who is now making a career in Germany... parents should have given it some extra thought.

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
I knew the kings manor Micheal Hunt however it was earlier than the 80’s as he was in my year we left school in Jun 80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, I was kind of guestimating the actual year as he was a couple of years older than me and I left in 82.
From memory (quite poor now) he was succesful at canoeing or kayaking after leaving school?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Actually managed to get an ex work colleague to return a call from Hugh Jarce wishing to discuss client Jenny Talia.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
There were the Christmas's from Southwater and, I believe, one was called Mary.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
We play this game at work a lot with actual customers names, we have a Phanny Schmeller, Ah Kee Wee, Richard Head, obviously some are clearly made up by the customers, like Dragon Lord Ninja, pretty sure that's not real, neither is Cakey McCakeFace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here