Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Signing rumours - Josh Thompson, Jimmy Ryan & Neil Klikenny

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
All apparently appear on Poyets summer wish list. Source from a friend who knows a northern based scout working as part of Zigor's setup. All seem pretty realistic shouts however I would expect Kilkenny in particular to have numerous options.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Interesting, Jimmy Ryan is the guy at Accrington who Gus had recommended to Real Zaragoza. Neil Kilkenny is a similar sort of player to Bridcutt is he not? Battling midfielder, but not likely to get forward too often. Can't say I know much about Josh Thompson, seems he played a few times for Celtic at a young age so must have something about him.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
. Can't say I know much about Josh Thompson, seems he played a few times for Celtic at a young age so must have something about him.

I always thought he looked pretty good - was thrown into Tony Mowbray's appalling side aged 19 so probably didn't do him a world of good. Think he played against us for Rochdale on loan last year.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Killkenny is pretty combatitive but also a decent deep playmaker with a good passing range. I personally think he will get more attractive offers.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
i want championship players not unproven players

Why? I know we have a decent chairman, good manager and lovely new ground etc which has us all buzzing AT this club, but I would still be tempted to question why a championship regular elsewhere would want to make a sideways move to come here. If we can sign players who would be making the step up, but who Poyet rates as good enough, that is fine with me.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Does anyone know anything about Ryan, ie what type of player he is? I know he is youngish and got into the league 2 team of the year

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I think signing the better players from lower league teams is the way forward. It certainly served Norwich well and they are the role models for us

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I think signing the better players from lower league teams is the way forward. It certainly served Norwich well and they are the role models for us

Excellent post.....Norwich are the team to follow as they went up 2 seasons in a row.Young hungry players is the way forward

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here