Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SIGNING: Monakana Signs Development Contract Until June 2015

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013
If its costing us peanuts then worth a gamble. Development squad I would imagine.. I cannot see our present set up investing in a donkey but at the end of the day its about squeezing out the talent and potential isnt it? Rather fed up with people here moaning.. Give the new signings the benefit of the doubt ehh?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Seems to divide opinion at both Preston and Colchester. Attitude seems to be his biggest downfall. If he sorts it out could be a good player. Certainly has oace and raw talent. Trained by Arsenal so should be fairly decent on the ball as well

pnefan

Jan 14, 2014
monakana played almost every game in league 1 last season under graham westley when he was just 18, does have bags of potential. doesn't have enough about him defensively which is why simon Grayson hasn't really given him a chance this year. I wouldn't agree that he has an 'ego' id say he is young and wants to do well but does need coaching on his off the ball game. I suppose Grayson thinks we cant afford to have players who might come good where as you can. my personal view is that last year one of the most exciting players I saw in league 1, does drift in and out of games but what wingers don't? and with right coaching could become a very good championship player in a year or 2. gets fans on the edge of seats

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
monakana played almost every game in league 1 last season under graham westley when he was just 18, does have bags of potential. doesn't have enough about him defensively which is why simon Grayson hasn't really given him a chance this year. I wouldn't agree that he has an 'ego' id say he is young and wants to do well but does need coaching on his off the ball game. I suppose Grayson thinks we cant afford to have players who might come good where as you can. my personal view is that last year one of the most exciting players I saw in league 1, does drift in and out of games but what wingers don't? and with right coaching could become a very good championship player in a year or 2. gets fans on the edge of seats

All sounds very interesting. DO you think he was just a young lad who wasn't happy living up North. Do you think by coming back down South he will be happier and therefore could develop very well and very quickly.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
One of the biggest complaints about Lua Lua is that he sometimes is more effective as a sub than a starter. If this guy is essentially KLL2 we can start KLL and bring KLL2 on to freshen it up

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
One of the biggest complaints about Lua Lua is that he sometimes is more effective as a sub than a starter. If this guy is essentially KLL2 we can start KLL and bring KLL2 on to freshen it up

That is a fair shout, This type of player can make a huge difference in the final 30 minutes when a defence is tiring.

pnefan

Jan 14, 2014
All sounds very interesting. DO you think he was just a young lad who wasn't happy living up North. Do you think by coming back down South he will be happier and therefore could develop very well and very quickly.

I think its more just down to him not being a Grayson type player and he prefers to have a constant 7/10 player every week than jeff who is ineffective 1 week and 9/10 the next. last season he was always earmarked as our main threat to opposition and they started putting 2 /3 players on him every time he got the ball and sometimes struggled with that but he is only 19/20 give him a year or 2 under good coaching and I think you'll like what you see. hope he does well for you, think brighton will suit him iv seen u a few times and your players are encouraged to express themselves in final 3rd

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I guess somebody has had a word, the link's gone now

Still have the transcription:

Follow
hayleyoliviax, ronz_h, stephaniea_x and 27 others like this.
cookieonscreen
Oi talk to me?

therealbola
����

realmonakana
Basically signed for Brighton bro #2014champ [MENTION=1162]Cookie[/MENTION]onscreen

freddiebarker1993
Shut up haha my ends brah

cookieonscreen
Love that little bro! Now go and kill it! Get that head back on ��

realmonakana
Haha link up bro what's ur number dm me I'm here [MENTION=10773]fred[/MENTION]diebarker1993

freddiebarker1993

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Would seem an odd move for a lad who is playing alot of games at L1 level to come to us and spend 3 years playing at Lancing infront of 4 men and a dog!

Saying that I guess Chicksen has done that.

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Would seem an odd move for a lad who is playing alot of games at L1 level to come to us and spend 3 years playing at Lancing infront of 4 men and a dog!

Saying that I guess Chicksen has done that.

Maybe it's not seen as a problem.

Perhaps it's seen as a gamble worth taking as, yes, chances are it'll just be development football for a while but then there is the chance to breakthrough at a team chasing promotion to, or trying to stay in, the prem, having had time to get a more rounded football education. If it all goes wrong and he's not good enough he can just drop back down to L1 and carry on, as there will no doubt be suitors.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
My first thought was a similar ability level and league/age history etc. to Chicksen. He seems on course here.

Like the fact he looks dangerous on both wings, KLL mrk2 seems apt and yeah coming round. The posters on their site slagging off his attitude may just be bitter they could be loosing a promising player. As the fan who took the time to come here and post says, young guy, you need confidence in that role I'm sure. Just the whole announcing it before club is 100X more a red flag than the gansta talk which isn't even an issue shirly?

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Just the whole announcing it before club is 100X more a red flag than the gansta talk which isn't even an issue shirly?

Much more experienced and expensive players have revealed a transfer on social media before the clubs have announced it. He's not the first and won't be the last.

pnefan

Jan 14, 2014
you will see a lot of our fans slagging him off this season even though hes hardly kicked a ball for us. everyone loved him last year but because he hasn't featured at all really this year a lot of fans are assuming he has a bad attitude because everyone thinks with his ability he should be playing. I don't think this I just think hes not a Grayson type player. Graham westley is probably the number 1 manager in the football league for demanding hard work and all that nonsense and he played him every game!

big character in the changing rooms aswell well liked by his teammates im led to believe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here