Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Significant transfer news at 3pm **C O G Staying**

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Lets be honest we have done alright thinking about it.

Halford
Best
Kayal
Stephens back
Lua lua back.
Got rid off Toko.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Well that's disappointing.

Not because COG is staying (even though he's not good enough) but because it probably means we aren't going to get an inspired signing this transfer window, apart from maybe Kayal.

Not good enough for what? His recent performances show that he is plenty good enough to hold the line well in this division, and he can score goals.

Delighted he's staying.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My guess from this is that Hughton REALLY doesn't rate CMS. We now have either COG or Best to play the hold up / number 9 role and have played Baldock, Colunga, March and even JFC off him but not CMS. I could be wrong of course because CMS started at Charlton but he looked far inferior to COG that day and only really served to tire Bikey out a bit.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Great news for me about COG. I think he's going to be immense for us for the rest of the season.

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011

Already stated at the start of the season the club hasn't got a pot to piss in.

Another uninspired transfer window, i appreciate the team has done better over the last few weeks but for me to enjoy football I have to be excited and for a few months now my mojo has well and truly gone. The squad needs millions invested in it to return it to play off contenders. If they thought the gap between the relegated sides and them was big..... well bad news.....next year it will be bigger and many of the already relegated teams have cut there cloth accordingly.

I won't be renewing next season, its time to give the family some devoted attention and invest my hard earned money in something else I enjoy.

I will be back at the Amex. but only after significant investment in the team.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Agreed matey. And the best bit of business we did recently was getting rid of Hyypia and getting Chris Hughton.

Here, here.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I wouldnt say this window is over yet for us, far from it. I expect offers for a couple of our players to come in yet, which will then change things...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Already stated at the start of the season the club hasn't got a pot to piss in.

Another uninspired transfer window, i appreciate the team has done better over the last few weeks but for me to enjoy football I have to be excited and for a few months now my mojo has well and truly gone. The squad needs millions invested in it to return it to play off contenders. If they thought the gap between the relegated sides and them was big..... well bad news.....next year it will be bigger and many of the already relegated teams have cut there cloth accordingly.

I won't be renewing next season, its time to give the family some devoted attention and invest my hard earned money in something else I enjoy.

I will be back at the Amex. but only after significant investment in the team.

So I hate to come over all Paul Barber (I REALLY do) but if everyone failed to renew then investment in the team would be impossible. Do you see how that works?

My instinct is that the emphasis on that quote is on THIS window. This isn't a Hughton squad, it's a mish mash of Burke and Hyypia's poor buys and panic loans which has been bolstered by a couple of canny signings this window, plus the return of injured players and the revitalisation of players like COG. Hughton will be free to do some surgery in the summer. Don't slit your wrists just yet.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I am really beginning to worry about our finances though.

We're barely passing FFP and teams like Bournemouth, Brentford and such are dishing out bigger fees, purportedly bigger wages and we can't compete. Where is all the middle money going if we can't compete with these sides.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Hughton " I don't imagine much else happening this window" suggests to me that they are still trying to lubricate the training ground doors to get Kemy out at last. Only a few days left.

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
So I hate to come over all Paul Barber (I REALLY do) but if everyone failed to renew then investment in the team would be impossible. Do you see how that works?

My instinct is that the emphasis on that quote is on THIS window. This isn't a Hughton squad, it's a mish mash of Burke and Hyypia's poor buys and panic loans which has been bolstered by a couple of canny signings this window, plus the return of injured players and the revitalisation of players like COG. Hughton will be free to do some surgery in the summer. Don't slit your wrists just yet.

I slashed my wrist when the club sold £14 million pound worth of talent and then spent 10% of that on replacements!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This is good news, but it does seem to suggest we failed to get that decent striker in.

Not convinced this is actually the end of transfer business.

Not ruling out McCourt leaving, and Bennett returning.

And I reckon CMS will go, but maybe not until the loan window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here