Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Significant transfer news at 3pm **C O G Staying**

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We'll forgive you for being naive.

Actually, the anti-CMS numpties on here more than adequately demonstrate their naivety, but happy to agree to disagree with you and them (no hissy fit here).

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Really, you need to cut the vitriol aimed at CMS. Just be pleased COG has decided to stay (the subject of this thread after all). Personally, I'm happy to wait and see whether CMS gets a chance to play off of COG or Best. If he does, and he fails to make an impact, I'm sure he will be gone in the summer, and I'm sure you'll finally be happy then. Of course, if he plays off a big striker and does well, I'm sure you'll eat humble pie?
I think this post demonstrates that you are still spectacularly missing the point. It's not about eating humble pie, I never want an Albion player to fail, least of all our record signing, it brings me no pleasure. If he gets his chance to play with COG or Best and scores then I'll be over the moon, sadly he's demonstrated he lacks the technical ability to be successful in this division. Out of interest, if he does get shipped out in the summer will you admit he's not very good or will you hide behind the excuse of 'he was used wrong' by 4 managers?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Not just my opinion, but both Chris's (H and O'G). Forgive me if I trust theirs over yours...

They are hardly going to slag him to the media. When CH arrived he had limited choices and had to try what looked like it might succeed. In those games (ditto others) CMS played his 'usual' game and if you went to Brentford you can't fail to agree that his performance was utterly dreadful (far from isolated just the most recent)

I was thrilled when we signed him and have stuck with him throughout in the hope that he will sooner or later put in a run of good performances, but after over 3 years and just 20 league goals I've come to terms with the fact that he just isn't very good

You carry on making assumptions about opinions of others, but it would be good to see any basis of fact you might have to support your view

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think this post demonstrates that you are still spectacularly missing the point. It's not about eating humble pie, I never want an Albion player to fail, least of all our record signing, it brings me no pleasure. If he gets his chance to play with COG or Best and scores then I'll be over the moon, sadly he's demonstrated he lacks the technical ability to be successful in this division. Out of interest, if he does get shipped out in the summer will you admit he's not very good or will you hide behind the excuse of 'he was used wrong' by 4 managers?

Not an excuse, a fact...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Are we "numpties" because our opinion differs to yours? Seems reasonable.

No, you are not numpties because you disagree with me, definitely not, but because you fail to see what those in the game see (see my above posts).

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
No, you are not numpties because you disagree with me, definitely not, but because you fail to see what those in the game see (see my above posts).

I'd assumed your response would be along those lines, my response would have pretty much been the same as [MENTION=18774]Rugrat[/MENTION] . Again, naive.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
They are hardly going to slag him to the media. When CH arrived he had limited choices and had to try what looked like it might succeed. In those games (ditto others) CMS played his 'usual' game and if you went to Brentford you can't fail to agree that his performance was utterly dreadful (far from isolated just the most recent)

I was thrilled when we signed him and have stuck with him throughout in the hope that he will sooner or later put in a run of good performances, but after over 3 years and just 20 league goals I've come to terms with the fact that he just isn't very good

You carry on making assumptions about opinions of others, but it would be good to see any basis of fact you might have to support your view

During his time with us, he has almost always been played as a lone striker which, only a numpty would dispute, is not playing to his strengths.

Despite this and IMHO, he had a reasonable (not great) first season. I believe he scored 11 goals (played most games, if IRC).
He then got 11 from 31 the next season which, IMHO, proves he can do well in this division (1 in 3 is good).
Missed most of last season, so nothing to see here.
Now, up to the current season. IMHO, not as good as I would have expected but, like all of our strikers, he suffered very poor form under SH.

So, in summary, I believe he still needs an opportunity and not the slagging of the morons.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

But, but... you already agreed he is not a target man / lone striker, and that is where he has almost exclusively been played during his time with us. So, I stand by my fact comment.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'd assumed your response would be along those lines, my response would have pretty much been the same as [MENTION=18774]Rugrat[/MENTION] . Again, naive.

COG, for example, could have said nothing about CMS's contribution. Hughton clearly wanted to sign CMS when at Norwich, so how am I being naive!?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
During his time with us, he has almost always been played as a lone striker which, only a numpty would dispute, is not playing to his strengths.

Despite this and IMHO, he had a reasonable (not great) first season. I believe he scored 11 goals (played most games, if IRC).
He then got 11 from 31 the next season which, IMHO, proves he can do well in this division (1 in 3 is good).
Missed most of last season, so nothing to see here.
Now, up to the current season. IMHO, not as good as I would have expected but, like all of our strikers, he suffered very poor form under SH.

So, in summary, I believe he still needs an opportunity and not the slagging of the morons.

Never thought of myself as a moron ... but thanks for that

You think he's been played wrong, I say he's a one trick pony. His game is largely about running the channels and looking for the threaded through pass that he can run on to. I'd argue that CB's in this league are better than to let that "fool" them and they've done their homework too. Add that he just doesn't have the pace anymore and you end up with a pretty ineffective striker.

Anyway I'm not arguing with you. Descending into personal insults is far more moronic than having a differing opinion in my view, but what do I know?

Bye!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
COG, for example, could have said nothing about CMS's contribution. Hughton clearly wanted to sign CMS when at Norwich, so how am I being naive!?

I'm sorry I doubted you, you're clearly the most knowledgeable fan on here, I don't know why the rest of us bother to post, we should just ask you. What time is CH ringing you to find out what formation and team he's using?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Never thought of myself as a moron ... but thanks for that

You think he's been played wrong, I say he's a one trick pony. His game is largely about running the channels and looking for the threaded through pass that he can run on to. I'd argue that CB's in this league are better than to let that "fool" them and they've done their homework too. Add that he just doesn't have the pace anymore and you end up with a pretty ineffective striker.

Anyway I'm not arguing with you. Descending into personal insults is far more moronic than having a differing opinion in my view, but what do I know?

Bye!

Bye - but I wasn't aiming the moron comment at you (or DFP BTW)... sorry about that...

I actually agree with your description of his play, and especially that his pace is key (but disagree that he has been sussed by the defenders at this level; I just think he hasn't been given the service he needs). If he doesn't get his pace back, then he is defo gone by end of season. We'll see.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm sorry I doubted you, you're clearly the most knowledgeable fan on here, I don't know why the rest of us bother to post, we should just ask you. What time is CH ringing you to find out what formation and team he's using?

Around 1:35. I'll tell him to play CMS off of COG. Would you like me to send him your best wishes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here