Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Siege in central Sydney

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No they couldnt, it was an old bank and the glass was specially toughened. That is why no sniper took him as they couldnt predict the path the bullet would take.

Interesting stuff, I wondered why a single gunman was allowed so much time.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
No they couldnt, it was an old bank and the glass was specially toughened. That is why no sniper took him as they couldnt predict the path the bullet would take.

The automatic doors are the only toughend glass in that building and there's nothing special about them. I should know, I've repaired enough of them http://www.doorrepairservices.com.au/
The windows however are just plate glass as they are the original windows of the building.
If you're going to take a shot, it would be through the window. The sniper however was sitting in the opposite building, which just happens to be the Channel 7 building, if ordered to take the shot, he'd of shot through the glass in his own building first.
Don't ask me how that works but the sniper was sat next to the guy filming from the Channel 7 building, it was closest direct sight they had. I can't find the interview they did with the cameraman tonight but I'm sure more will see it soon.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The automatic doors are the only toughend glass in that building and there's nothing special about them. I should know, I've repaired enough of them http://www.doorrepairservices.com.au/
The windows however are just plate glass as they are the original windows of the building.
If you're going to take a shot, it would be through the window. The sniper however was sitting in the opposite building, which just happens to be the Channel 7 building, if ordered to take the shot, he'd of shot through the glass in his own building first.
Don't ask me how that works but the sniper was sat next to the guy filming from the Channel 7 building, it was closest direct sight they had. I can't find the interview they did with the cameraman tonight but I'm sure more will see it soon.

This was never going to end well for the gunman. Aussies are a pretty feisty lot at the best if times and I'm sure Abbot was itching to show the world that Australia is not a soft touch.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
This was never going to end well for the gunman. Aussies are a pretty feisty lot at the best if times and I'm sure Abbot was itching to show the world that Australia is not a soft touch.

oh dooooo **** off...!! they gave him 17 hours , he killed two and injured four..( apparently , other versions say he was un armed and the hostages were hit by the police) tell me vegster.....how does one deal with an apparent gun-man , holding 18 hostages in a cafe on a monday morning in the middle of the cbd of one of the largest cities on the planet...!! please do go on ...i'm well interested...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
oh dooooo **** off...!! they gave him 17 hours , he killed two and injured four..( apparently , other versions say he was un armed and the hostages were hit by the police) tell me vegster.....how does one deal with an apparent gun-man , holding 18 hostages in a cafe on a monday morning in the middle of the cbd of one of the largest cities on the planet...!! please do go on ...i'm well interested...

I think you will find that hostage situations take place on a regular basis around the world, many result in the gunman walking out and arrested, plenty do not that is true also. But, have a little think, if all he wanted to do was kill people why did he wait through 17 hours of negotiations while the police, and probably Special Forces, surrounded the place ? If he had been a genuine fundamentalist suicide bomber/terrorist he would have started shooting the moment he went in to cause as much carnage as he could before getting nailed.

And, please don't tell me to **** off, by all means disagree with me, far better people than you and I have fought and died for that right, so, try to use it constructively and show some class.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here