Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sidwell

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The one thing Kaz would offer, in that situation, is he'd keep more than one defender back at the halfway line.

.....and Jiri would have brought a bit of aggression as well as speed. KLL fourth choice winger now. Maybe even fifth when Solly gets back (although it is a fact that the longer a player is out, the better he becomes on NSC).

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
What he should of done, at the final whistle, is walked strait ovet to barton and nocked the f*cker out !.
Then jumped up and down on his knees to se if he likes it.
Then walk past the ref, chucking in a cheaky headbutt.
Then wave to the cheering crowd, knowing hes just become one of brightons all time ledgends, because not only has he done over barton and
The ref, but he and the fans will both know, hel never be allowed to play for the club again :)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes, of course I'm a fan - he's one of our's, isn't he? But he has pace..............................and what else, precisely? Why did Newcastle (when they were quite good) release him? Why isn't he playing in the PL?

Edit: Oh OK, he can kick a football very hard.

Sorry meant a fan of KLL.

I think he has a trick, can kick with both feet, something many (including Knockaert struggles with), and is difficult to get off the ball due to his low centre centre of gravity. His decision making is not always the best admittedly and his biggest flaw is consistency, but when you are 1-0 down, dropping deeper and deeper, we needed something/someone to relieve the pressure. Sidwell was not the answer and I cannot fathom out why he is even in the matchday squad.

Skalak was owned by Lewington at MK and I feel KLL would have been a better option.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
In addition to other valid points, it looked like it Should've been Sidwell (correct me if wrong) on the front post for the Keane equaliser, but drifted away towards a ball he was never getting. Front post defended properly and we wouldn't have conceded

Unless I'm going mad, he defended pretty well when he hooked the ball off the line (well, from just behind it 👍🏻) a couple of minutes earlier.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
In addition to other valid points, it looked like it Should've been Sidwell (correct me if wrong) on the front post for the Keane equaliser, but drifted away towards a ball he was never getting. Front post defended properly and we wouldn't have conceded

Exactly, both goals we conceded were poor. When we play Zamora, (and dare I say Murray and Barnes previously), they have occupied the area on the six yard box, in line with the near post in a zonal position, and we have defended properly. Not that I'm blaming him, but Hemed just isn't as good as those mentioned. The first goal went over him......

Just all very frustrating, as it was previously a strength.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Has NSC already found itself the new peoples scapegoat?

Good news for JFC.

Not about finding a scapegoat though is it?

In your opinion is he playing well and adding value to the team?

I don't think he is, but its not the reason we lost, IMO he just shouldn't have bee brought on.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Not about finding a scapegoat though is it?

In your opinion is he playing well and adding value to the team?

I don't think he is, but its not the reason we lost, IMO he just shouldn't have bee brought on.

IMO he's not playing great. I've seen worse though (Rohan Ince away to Derby)

Not sure this thread would've been made had we not conceded in injury time. But nontheless, like JFC, it looks like Sidwell can play a key role on NSC.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
IMO he's not playing great. I've seen worse though (Rohan Ince away to Derby)

Not sure this thread would've been made had we not conceded in injury time. But nontheless, like JFC, it looks like Sidwell can play a key role on NSC.

I'd take Ince over Sidwell every time. (I'd also prefer Crofts and JFC as well).

He looks like an old pro picking up a wage for doing very little...... I like the NSC key role comment - LoL.........

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
.....and Jiri would have brought a bit of aggression as well as speed. KLL fourth choice winger now. Maybe even fifth when Solly gets back (although it is a fact that the longer a player is out, the better he becomes on NSC).
Where Kaz rates in the pecking order is irrelevant, (FWIW wherever that is it's not as high as it should be) hindsight says he was the player needed in that situation.

Skalak doesn't have the 'oh f*** it's him' quality, that the Player of the Month, goal scoring, somersaulting, impossible to tackle, Kaz has.

Just because we don't see it very often doesn't mean opposition defenders will suddenly take him lightly.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Where Kaz rates in the pecking order is irrelevant, (FWIW wherever that is it's not as high as it should be) hindsight says he was the player needed in that situation.

Skalak doesn't have the 'oh f*** it's him' quality, that the Player of the Month, goal scoring, somersaulting, impossible to tackle, Kaz has.

Just because we don't see it very often doesn't mean opposition defenders will suddenly take him lightly.

This. And some bells

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Wastherethenighthescoredagainstforestonloanfromarsenal.whataplayer!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
:bowdown:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Brave move to bring Sidwell on for Kayal when we were losing the battle in midfield. Hats off to Chris

Kayal was ineffective at the point, looked like carrying an injury.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here