Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sidwell

It's another Danny Holla. Why do we sign central midfielders whose legs are gone?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Seriously frustrating when he came on today. As everyone knows on here I normally defend Hughton to the hilt but bringing him on today was indefensible. Far from tightening it up it lost us two points. We pushed them back all the time we unleashed the pace of a front four at them. With Sidwell on we were effectively playing with 10 men. Shadow of his former self, not match fit and not particularly bothered.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I've kind of lost track of who should have come on and who's now rubbish for this week. At least Dunk isn't getting it in the neck. Dead class today - and Goldson.

Anyway, Sidwell was brought on to slow the game down, as he seems to do, right? Made sense but alas didn't work. Also, I think CH should have swapped Wilson for KLL or Jiri and whacked Murphy 'up top'. Wasn't Wilsons arena today. He did his bit to replace baldock but no shame in coming off again for a change of tact. The game was a bit too physical and since he won't defend, he should have made way for someone to aggressively work the channels and run down the clock - if possible.

All hypothetical anyway and would pale into insignificance. They were fitter in the end and I think we all knew it was coming.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
.......or possibly pace and nothing else! I'd have preferred to see Jiri coming on.
The one thing Kaz would offer, in that situation, is he'd keep more than one defender back at the halfway line.

There's no doubting he scares to poop out of defenders and irrespective of end product, the opposition have to acknowledge that.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I've kind of lost track of who should have come on and who's now rubbish for this week. At least Dunk isn't getting it in the neck. Dead class today - and Goldson.

Anyway, Sidwell was brought on to slow the game down, as he seems to do, right? Made sense but alas didn't work. Also, I think CH should have swapped Wilson for KLL or Jiri and whacked Murphy 'up top'. Wasn't Wilsons arena today. He did his bit to replace baldock but no shame in coming off again for a change of tact. The game was a bit too physical and since he won't defend, he should have made way for someone to aggressively work the channels and run down the clock - if possible.

All hypothetical anyway and would pale into insignificance. They were fitter in the end and I think we all knew it was coming.

:facepalm:

He was slow , the game passed him by.

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
In addition to other valid points, it looked like it Should've been Sidwell (correct me if wrong) on the front post for the Keane equaliser, but drifted away towards a ball he was never getting. Front post defended properly and we wouldn't have conceded

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Sidwell needs to leave NOW !!

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Terrible substitution at every level. Weakened us defensively at corners. Stopped our ability to clear the ball long. Let them attack from further up the pitch. It really just invited them to score.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I echo the sentiment above - he's a massive disappointment. I thought he might be able to cover for Kayal or Stephens if they got injured but he's way below their standard now.

You could also argue that he should have thrown himself towards the ball when it was on the line, instead of waiting until it had crossed the line before clearing it.

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
I echo the sentiment above - he's a massive disappointment. I thought he might be able to cover for Kayal or Stephens if they got injured but he's way below their standard now.

You could also argue that he should have thrown himself towards the ball when it was on the line, instead of waiting until it had crossed the line before clearing it.

He's a disaster area sadly.
Time to bring on a steadier replacement, or better still, none at all.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not a fan then?

Yes, of course I'm a fan - he's one of our's, isn't he? But he has pace..............................and what else, precisely? Why did Newcastle (when they were quite good) release him? Why isn't he playing in the PL?

Edit: Oh OK, he can kick a football very hard.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In addition to other valid points, it looked like it Should've been Sidwell (correct me if wrong) on the front post for the Keane equaliser, but drifted away towards a ball he was never getting. Front post defended properly and we wouldn't have conceded

Not so. For reasons unknown, there was nobody on the near post for that corner, at any point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here