Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sidwell (will) sign

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Stephens, Kayal, Sidwell, Towell, Cousins..... a good strong central midfield.
Now just need a centre back, right back and of course a couple of strikers :thumbsup:

who is cousins?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think this is one of Bozza's 'I can't mention the incoming players name, yet' threads.

If we read between the lines they'll definitely be clues as to the identity.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Not that impressed to be honest however I will trust the judgement of Mr H of course.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We need start the season with a settled squad by the start of the season I think he good signing let's keep the faith in CH

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
9e92506c583e7f6a3b3c7e101b8ccd0e.jpg

74 rated on FIFA 16 so it's a yes from me.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I remember all the clueless gimps on here writing him off after three games. :lolol:

I don't think anyone wrote him off. There was a number of us that stated, quite sensibly, that he was utter toilet until the last few games. But there was also a few of us that understood that that was probably because he'd not played football for 2 years basically.

Anyway, I'd be happy with him signing him. His experience in particular will be critical considering we've lost Greer and Calde.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't think anyone wrote him off. There was a number of us that stated, quite sensibly, that he was utter toilet until the last few games. But there was also a few of us that understood that that was probably because he'd not played football for 2 years basically.

Anyway, I'd be happy with him signing him. His experience in particular will be critical considering we've lost Greer and Calde.
You're right in that he was rusty when he arrived back here, and didn't play well in his first two or three cameos.

However, I saw him being slaughtered on official match threads regularly and unfairly even after he'd scored the winner at Forest and been playing well for a couple of games. To clarify, saying he had been poor for his first few games was fair enough, but he was turned into a scapegoat long after that.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
You're right in that he was rusty when he arrived back here, and didn't play well in his first two or three cameos.

However, I saw him being slaughtered on official match threads regularly and unfairly even after he'd scored the winner at Forest and been playing well for a couple of games. To clarify, saying he had been poor for his first few games was fair enough, but he was turned into a scapegoat long after that.

Fair enough. I thought he was excellent against Forest and that goal certainly seemed to lift him after that.

I think the problem for a lot of people was that he unbalanced the midfield when played in a 3 with Stephens and Kayal, as they're all similar players, hence the possible scapegoating.

But for sure, he was much improved by the end of the season, even though he didn't actually start many games in the end.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Must have the B team on Seagulls website duty - "Albion to sign midfielder" - is the sexiest thing they could come up with. Makes him sound like an addition to the development squad from Dorchester.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Must have the B team on Seagulls website duty - "Albion to sign midfielder" - is the sexiest thing they could come up with. Makes him sound like an addition to the development squad from Dorchester.

They've used the singing picture from January as well.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here