Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sidwell and Skalak are having a nightmare.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I only watched it on the telly box, but both showed awareness with their positional play. Alas, their first touch tended to be annoying first 45 minutes but second half not too many mistakes. Quite an assured performance without being spectacular

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Jiri doesn't take any shit and those are the type of players we need. Much rather him than Buckley who disappears as soon as someone puts a challenge in on him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Tbf them 2 and Hemed had an absolute shocker first half. Skalak better second half - Sidwell just isn't as consistent or good as Stephens. Norwood encouraging...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Tbf them 2 and Hemed had an absolute shocker first half. Skalak better second half - Sidwell just isn't as consistent or good as Stephens. Norwood encouraging...

I'd have to be frank and disagree....but then I didn't think Kayal had that good a game....but no one was that bad that they shouldn't come out for the second half

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Skalak is an end product player. He isn't comfortable on the left but with Knockers being outrageous on the right he is just happy in the team and contributing to goals and wins. Last season we had too many players not contributing but being praised for their work which matters less, I want to see Skalak play poor in open play and then play crosses into the perfect areas for us to attack and score goals from.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'd have to be frank and disagree....but then I didn't think Kayal had that good a game....but no one was that bad that they shouldn't come out the second half

Thought Kayal bossed it - Sidwell the opposite - all opinions. General thinking around me was Sidwell, Skalak & Hemed could / should be substituted early / at half time...

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Thought Kayal bossed it - Sidwell the opposite - all opinions. General thinking around me was Sidwell, Skalak & Hemed could / should be substituted early / at half time...

Good job you and the thinkers around you weren't in charge of the team then. Skalak ripped the right back a new one in the second half as he drove him to try every trick in the book to stop him. If you missed Jiri tormenting him and winning hands down, you missed the buzz of one of the best duals on the pitch.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good job you and the thinkers around you weren't in charge of the team then. Skalak ripped the right back a new one in the second half as he drove him to try every trick in the book to stop him. If you missed Jiri tormenting him and winning hands down, you missed the buzz of one of the best duals on the pitch.

Definitely.....was happening mostly directly in front of us and brilliant to watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here