Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sian Massey getting smashed

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
did he smash it?

markw

Aug 28, 2009
It wouldn't be a big deal if it was a male linesman, so why is it a big deal because she's female? At the end of the day, she's doing the same job as a man, so she gets the same treatment...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It wouldn't be a big deal if it was a male linesman, so why is it a big deal because she's female? At the end of the day, she's doing the same job as a man, so she gets the same treatment...

It would be, in my book. He diverted to smash into the line judge. Besides, I wonder if he would have done the same thing if it was a chap.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

How did you post exactly the same thing as a Cardiff fan minus the swearing bit at the start?

Cardiff City Forum View topic - Kevin McNaughton + Sian Massey

Who gives a shit... It wouldn't be a big deal if it was a male linesman, so why is it a big deal because she's female? At the end of the day, she's doing the same job as a man, so she gets the same treatment...

markw

Aug 28, 2009
It would be, in my book. He diverted to smash into the line judge. Besides, I wonder if he would have done the same thing if it was a chap.

He diverted as he knocked the ball down the line and tried to get to it :rolleyes: but the silly cow got in the way :shrug:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
He blatently went for her but I hope a big deal isn't made of this, she just wants to do her job, and clearly laughed it off with the other official.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
She took it like a man :lolol:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
poor woman. All she wants to do is get on with the job she does. Already been dragged into the spotlight once and now anything happens to her, she's back in the spotlight again.

I would have said sorry though.

Where had anyone said it was a big deal?

It did look deliberate and she didn't seem complaining - though I'd suggest he should have shown some concern after ramming into her and knocking her (or any official - players can't function without them so why treat them badly?) over.

I suspect since he'd been able to knock the ball that direction he was getting a point across that she was preventing his progress - which is true. It certainly wasn't a point thatn he put across well though

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Of course it's not deliberate. Why would it be? He apologised after the game apparently... a shame he didn't check she was okay at the time though, which would have been a good idea whether it was a man or woman.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
So you're saying that in the split second after playing the ball he said to himself 'Oh its that bird running the line. Instead of going for the ball I'll knock her over'. Frankly I think you're crediting the bloke with a quicker brain than he's got (or most footballers for that matter).

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
should have apologized at the time, but definitely didnt look intentional

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here