Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we have sold Dunk?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Lua Lua could just as easily replace March and then play Murphy on the right and Lua Lua on the left which is how they lined up against Blackburn.

Not sure - if we were playing someone like Rotherham again then I'm sure that would have happened. Away to Wolves is the type of game I expect Rosenior to come in again. Makes it a difficult call between Murphy and Lua Lua.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Yes..Because he picked up his cards tackling back for team. Has been player of season so far and as I said. Defence is the last area of the field you tinker with.

I'd bring him back in to.

But lets say, we go 20 games with Greer and Uwe and we are still top of the league before Greer get his 5th yellow and is out for 1 game. Dunk covers.

After that, i would think (hope) that greer would still come straight back into the team. I think it's only injury or bad form that will see Dunk get a regular place this year.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes..Because he picked up his cards tackling back for team.
I think that's an important point. He's not got his yellows for being a dick, he's got them for trying to help the team, and it would be a bit harsh (understatement) to not let him back in the side after he (deservedly) won player of the month.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think that's an important point. He's not got his yellows for being a dick, he's got them for trying to help the team, and it would be a bit harsh (understatement) to not let him back in the side after he (deservedly) won player of the month.

I thought two of his yellows were for not buttoning his lip?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There's been a lot of criticism of March's last performance, but putting him on the right wing, being a very left footed player is not ideal. I don't think KLL is as effective on the right wing as well. Murphy might be more effective their, as he seems to be more comfortable using both feet.
Whoever we play as wingers, I would like to see them swop wings sometimes, just to freshen things up and see if that makes something happen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Very true but Solly has made that decision a lot more straight forward.
Although I can see Rosenior coming back in as well, which would be tough on Murphy.

Imagine if Murphy and Elvis had both shone on Tuesday, CH would then have a big call to make.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought two of his yellows were for not buttoning his lip?
Oh. I didn't realise. Let him rot in the reserves.

Although I can see Rosenior coming back in as well, which would be tough on Murphy.
Rosenior has earned his place on the right, in partnership along with Bruno, particularly away from home against tough opposition. Kaz has been our best player. Murphy was excellent on Tuesday. Chris should (and no doubt will) just pick who he thinks will do best for the team on Saturday. The three will have plenty of opportunity through the season, just through resting players, injuries, suspensions and substitutes. I know it's difficult to keep players happy when you can't give them a starting place, but it must be a lot easier when you're top of the league. They must all be pretty happy.

Imagine if Murphy and Elvis had both shone on Tuesday, CH would then have a big call to make.
As I've posted before, I'm not sure where Chris sees Elvis playing. He could be on the wing or in Baldock's position.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
No. Its a long season and Dunk will get his chance. Tbh I didnt see Greer and Bruno being quite this good so far.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
No, this question frustrates me.

Why would you want to reverse time if you look at what's been achieved so far this season. Maybe keeping Dunk was an integral part of why everything has gone so well so far. Showed that we mean business, at that message spread through club.

On top of that he is a great player. He can't get in the first eleven at the moment because we are winning. That might be partly due to the fact that he is on the bench.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
When was the last time we had a 5m rated CB, on a 5 year contract sitting on the bench? Anyone who thinks we should have sold him is not thinking clearly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here