Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we have kept Gully's Girls?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
They were all 16 or over, many well into their 20's.

And yes we should have kept them.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Of course we should. I have no idea why it was scrapped, but if we had girls wanting to do it, and enjoying doing it, then why not have that bit of colour to the pre-match.

If the reason is honestly that rubbish posted above about people possibly "perving", then FFS when will we stop bringing everything down to the lowest common denominator in society. Let's all stop doing EVERYTHING shall we just in case someone around us is doing or thinking something they shouldn't.

This. Great post.

Harmless fun that provided a feelgood factor for the people involved who maybe haven't been to a BHA game since.

Ha ha great stuff

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The age limit was never clarified whilst at Witjdean, so i used to read my programme to avoid any sort of mental crime.

I miss Gully's Girls, but not as much as the defective sprinkler that would stay up for a few seconds more than the rest.

It provided some much needed trauma in the pre-match ritual. Will it go down? Phew!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The exact reason they were stopped was because of sleezy comments like this funnily enough. One which was even heard and commented on by another clubs directors. Apparently.... And the Albion didn't want to encourage this. Apparently....

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The exact reason they were stopped was because of sleezy comments like this funnily enough. One which was even heard and commented on by another clubs directors. Apparently.... And the Albion didn't want to encourage this. Apparently....

And where do we draw the line? Would a "sleezy comment" aimed by a woman about a young player breaking into the first team have us introduce a minimum age for 1st team players, or would we have them playing in long trousers perhaps.

Maybe the mascots should be banned from wearing shorts?

Ridiculous over-reaction to ban them. If the directors heard a comment that warranted that person being removed from the ground, that is what should have happened, and the girls be allowed to continue with something they enjoyed.

SE25 Nick

Nov 30, 2012
it was best that you got rid of them. They would never have been up to the same standard of the Crystals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here