Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we have closer links with crawley?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
6k of proper lairy wankers, who fortunately got what they deserved both on and off the pitch!

Six thousand? Clearly you haven't been to many Crawley games over the past season and a half.

Edit: I've just spotted you were referring to that game at the Goldstone. Thought you were talking about their home gates :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
:wrong::wrong:

You do realise how pathetic your post is don't you?

Crawley Borough council built and own the Broadfield stadium.It was built next to a residential area, and as such the council has always put their concerns above the football club.
When Brighton wanted to ground share im sure the club would have jumped at the chance.Unfortunatly Crawley Borough council were the ones with the power to make the decision.I also vaguely remember the police in Crawley not being to keen.
The stadium was built despite opposition and concerns from local residents.I recall the council making promises to the residents about future concerns that migh arise from having a football ground on your doorstep.All the usual stuff,parking,noise,yobs,floodlights to bright,etc etc.
So when Brighton asked if they could play at the stadium for a few years you can just imagine the outcry from the residents.It would have put the council in a difficult position.It was not completely ruled out by the council,trouble was, the counciler for Broadfield North made it his personal mission to stop it happening.
The deal was doomed from the start really.We must remember Crawley were playing in the Southern league with crowds in the hundreds.It would have frightened the pants off people to imagine big league sides turning up in their thousands every other Saturday,imagine the rape and pillaging they would bring with them.
So that was the end of that.

All true. My understanding of it is that Crawley Town were quite happy with the idea- they'd have made some money out of it. But the council- and one councillor in particular- felt that having the Albion in town might lower living standards and bring drunkenness and anti-social behaviour to nearby Broadfield, so he made it his personal mission to block it.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I don't know about closer links but if it doesn't work out for Oscar, we could do a lot worse than Richie Barker as our next manager. Ex-Albion and he's got Crawley playing attractive and effective football on a limited budget.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here