Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we be looking to sell Ulloa now?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Very hard question. That depends on the new manager and what style he wants us to play. Top class striker are hard to come by and cost money unless you are lucky to gamble on an unproven one that comes off

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Buckley out 2 million
Ulloa out 4.5 million
Kaz out 1.75 million
Ince out 1 million
Foster-Caskey out 500k
Orlandi Out 750k
Greer out 500k

Build the team around CMS and Grabban and 1 other, keep Upson and Dunk, try and keep Ward, Keep the Charlton bloke, Crofty will be back (hurrah) Calderon replaces JONES.....Chicksen promoted.....Bruno stays rest can do one.......there you go Eddie Howe, we give you £3 million to bring in Cook Fraser and whoever you can afford

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Zamora was class last night for Rangers exactly what we are missing a striker capable of holding the ball up, Ulloa just seems to fall over 90% of the time.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The £14 million reported last year contained a lot of 'preloaded' and one-off costs that won't apply this year. That combined with player sales/TV revenue etc *should* mean we fall well within our FFP commitments.

Let's not forget that TB could, if he so wished, put in a further £3million of his own dosh should we not exceed the £5million mark.

Whilst the 2012/13 loss was inflated by one-off costs it wasn't £9million-worth. And an £8 million loss is an £8 million loss, Bloom can't turn it into a £5million loss by putting more money in. And anyway, that's the whole point about Barber being ruthless with the costs - to make the club self-supporting.

The £8 million figure is key and there is only so much an accountant can do to 'massage' the figures. I also don't see why the Bridcutt deal would be done by instalments over a long period of time; they have the player, they have the big TV money, we're the ones in debt and in dire need of a transfer surplus to keep below the £8million.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
We definitely shouldn't be looking to sell Ulloa, certainly not until we have a new manager. The club have to sort out the out of contract players but anything else has to wait until they can talk to the new manager.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Zamora was class last night for Rangers exactly what we are missing a striker capable of holding the ball up, Ulloa just seems to fall over 90% of the time.

I thought that; he looked much better than Ulloa has since his injury. Available on a free, but doubt we could meet his wage demands.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Whilst the 2012/13 loss was inflated by one-off costs it wasn't £9million-worth. And an £8 million loss is an £8 million loss, Bloom can't turn it into a £5million loss by putting more money in. And anyway, that's the whole point about Barber being ruthless with the costs - to make the club self-supporting.

The £8 million figure is key and there is only so much an accountant can do to 'massage' the figures. I also don't see why the Bridcutt deal would be done by instalments over a long period of time; they have the player, they have the big TV money, we're the ones in debt and in dire need of a transfer surplus to keep below the £8million.

Except that we didn't need the Bridcutt transfer money for that, otherwise we wouldn't have turned down his transfer request and he wouldn't have had to force the sale through on the final day of the window by going on strike.

Still you know best.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Except that we didn't need the Bridcutt transfer money for that, otherwise we wouldn't have turned down his transfer request and he wouldn't have had to force the sale through on the final day of the window by going on strike.

Still you know best.

We'll see when the 2013/14 accounts come out. Anyway, having fallen out with Poyet I can't see Bloom wanting to roll over and sell Bridcutt to Sunderland at the first sign of interest. Make him wait and sell him dear is what eventually transpired - I think Bloom held out for the best deal and got it, partly because because it was all over the press he was Poyet's man and it would have looked terrible for Gus if he hadn't managed to sign him.

Anyway, do you seriously think the club thought it was ever possible to keep Bridcutt for the whole season and get any decent football from him after January?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
For the reported £6.5m that Leicester are going to offer then Yes

Their Thai owners have said that they are willing to spend £180 Million getting into the top 5, so I feel that they can afford 10M+.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think Ulloa and Buckley will be off in the summer, along with quite a few others. But I have a sneeky feeling we won't be so disappointed come the start of the next season. We all know the whole playing staff needs a major overhaul. I think we may see as many as 8 or 9 come in with the same amount or more going out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here