Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Tube leaders go to prison?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
50k a year, how many hours do they do per week, I heard just under 38? Nice work if you can get it!

Yes, and the sole reason they have good working conditions and pay is because they FOUGHT for it with the use of UNIONS

It winds me up that people look at people in jobs and rather than think "Good on them, I might try and better myself and get into a similar position, wouldn't it be good if all jobs had unions to back them and get them good deals" They think "Bloody moaning wankers, bring 'em down, sack 'em, get another job you *******s"

Sums this country up really.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You see, this is utterly contemptible. When did YOU last "resign" (walk away with no compensation) because an employer fundamentally changed your working conditions?

It's got nothing to do with Boris, but as usual, he's full square behind the bullying employers. And I didn't say it was a party political thing. If you ask me, people like Boris Johnson should be keeping their mouths shut when it comes to disputes like this.

This is why [MENTION=31796]alfredmizen[/MENTION] has said what he said. If I was an employer and said to you "You now need to go to Glasgow twice a week to do your job but you''ll clear an extra tenner a week." and you replied "no deal", would you expect people to have sympathy with you, or would you expect them to ask "What are you whinging about? Isn't £xxxk enough already?" Because that's what you're implying here.

Your argument is all over the place. At best, a straw man argument You honestly want to compare people exercising their right to strike over forcibly having their working conditions altered to Greek mismanagement of an entire economy, including a bloated public sector and ludicrously early retirement for all?
GAME-SET-MATCH.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
the starting salary is £49,673

A bit more digging around reveals that's top of the salary scale while the starting salary is about £25k. That's still pretty good for London - good for the unions for negotiating it

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Care to explain? £50,000 is a very good wage anywhere, especially if you only need a few GCSEs.

Because when they strike, thousands of people cannot get to work. That has a significant cost to the UK economy. Is this not obvious?

Thousands of people getting paid 50k or more for total non jobs

Good luck to the tube drivers, have seen enough tube strikes to know it's a massive inconvenience but it's not a firemans strike.

Glad I am not there it would do my head in like the last few did.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Does money change your class ?

Allow me to answer that once and for all

image.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
A bit more digging around reveals that's top of the salary scale while the starting salary is about £25k. That's still pretty good for London - good for the unions for negotiating it

methinks thats for the station staff. or the cleaners. drivers get the £50k.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Does anyone know if this £50k a year is an accurate figure? I keep seeing it quoted in the Tory press but is that really the average wage for a Tube driver or what could be earned if he/she did a lot of overtime?

It is accurate, Train Operators get just under 50k and there's very little opportunity for any overtime.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Jealous? On this thread I've been accused of not caring about working class people, of abhorrent views, and even being a banker. I'll add jealousy to that list, though unsure what I have to be jealous about

Have you considered legal advice?

Or you've fallen for the Unions propaganda. Neither of us actually know. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle

It's not propaganda,I've seen the offer and it's four hour time limit to all four unions,facts are it's not about money it's about imposing changes in working agreements,refusal to negotiate and accept work life balance,union members on London Underground voted by 98%on an 81% turnout to withdraw their labour,I strongly suggest that if you have had working conditions changed without negotiation you join a trade union.
9e3858f7d5564c9aaa68892230c28e9e.jpg

Morden picket tis morning,it was glorious to see the sun rising and heart warming the amount of public support.
Don't bend over and take one off your boss,join a union,be so much happier knowing that your work colleagues have your back.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Driving a train has got to be one of the easiest jobs around....you go forwards on a track,stopping at stations...Driving a bus must be harder you have to steer aswell and remember your route...Do Bus Drivers get £50k...I doubt it ..

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
It's not propaganda,I've seen the offer and it's four hour time limit to all four unions,facts are it's not about money it's about imposing changes in working agreements,refusal to negotiate and accept work life balance,union members on London Underground voted by 98%on an 81% turnout to withdraw their labour,I strongly suggest that if you have had working conditions changed without negotiation you join a trade union.
9e3858f7d5564c9aaa68892230c28e9e.jpg

Morden picket tis morning,it was glorious to see the sun rising and heart warming the amount of public support.
Don't bend over and take one off your boss,join a union,be so much happier knowing that your work colleagues have your back.
spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here