Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Tube leaders go to prison?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Certainly don't aspire to participate in the ripping to shreds of a fox and 3 tours of Bosnia and 2 to the Persian Gulf certainly didn't leave me frustrated.

Just in from my "early Lunch"...I have nil regard/respect for you as striking train driver....But if you are ex army and have done the tours you say you have I have immense respect for you ..

Just in from my "early Lunch"...I have nil regard/respect for you as striking train driver....But if you are ex army and have done the tours you say you have I have immense respect for you ..

What exactly have I done to upset you today FFS?
Not only bitterness toward people who are prepared to stand shoulder to shoulder to fight for working conditions you now accuse me of being a ****ing pongo.
You're on my shit list cuntchops.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
What exactly have I done to upset you today FFS?
Not only bitterness toward people who are prepared to stand shoulder to shoulder to fight for working conditions you now accuse me of being a ****ing pongo.
You're on my shit list cuntchops.

"Shit list cuntchops"....Juvenile or ignorant..sadly you`ve reinforced my opinion of striking train drivers.....Sorry won`t reply as WORKING tomorrow...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not only bitterness toward people who are prepared to stand shoulder to shoulder to fight for working conditions

as the union's PR seems to be out to lunch, what exactly is this working conditions that is being so hard fought over? theres a lot of claims of "its not about the money", i dont hear anything much on what it is about then.

i dont believe the union/membership are saying they will outright object to the night tube end of, though maybe im wrong. the union site i read ealier mentions ticket office closures and something about chosing stations to work at, but they're old issues. i respect the fact the turn out on the ballot was high and was support across all the unions, rare, i dont understand what the real sticking issue is.

as the union's PR seems to be out to lunch, what exactly is this working conditions that is being so hard fought over? theres a lot of claims of "its not about the money", i dont hear anything much on what it is about then.

i dont believe the union/membership are saying they will outright object to the night tube end of, though maybe im wrong. the union site i read ealier mentions ticket office closures and something about chosing stations to work at, but they're old issues. i respect the fact the turn out on the ballot was high and was support across all the unions, rare, i dont understand what the real sticking issue is.
Unions not opposed to night tube at all,however we are told we have no right to input whatsoever on rostering, staffing levels and track and infrastructure maintenance.
At present the track is walked EVERY NIGHT by engineering staff,LU now want to go from that to 72 hour from Thursday night to Sunday night,in our opinion this is unsafe and unacceptable.
Staff Rotas for stations and train WILL see certain members of staff go 27 weeks without a weekend off,
As I stated before,trade unions did not want to combine pay talks with night tube talks,in our opinion these are two separate issues,the TUs wanted to discuss night tube 2 years ago ,LU stance was that there is nothing to discuss,well there is now,the 2k ,and 2% offer was made Monday at 1430 and withdrawn at 1830,at no point were safety issues and Rotas entertained,"we do not need to consult you about that"was the company negotiators response.
Truth is,LU do not want night tube ,it has been forced upon them by the Bullingdon bully,they will not break even in it for 18 years(their figures no mine)the BTP do not want it,agro galore on a Friday ,Saturday night .
Me?
It would suit me down to the ground with the right rostering,be great to finish at 7-8 am on a Saturday so I could get back to watch the Albion for a 3pm kickoff.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
So a few well paid people are getting paid more to work nights. Get over it. Just like this Sunday working crap. I'm 48, all my working life I've worked nights, evenings, weekends get over it.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
So a few well paid people are getting paid more to work nights. Get over it. Just like this Sunday working crap. I'm 48, all my working life I've worked nights, evenings, weekends get over it.

Exactly. And don't let the extremists and dogmatists put you down

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

How many lives were you responsible for at the time?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
One of the joys of NSC is that it has a real cross section of (very opinionated) people. Whether this is a good barometer for society as a whole I don't know. But I do believe it put us in contact with a lot of people from very different walks of life we wouldn't possibly normally connect with. So in this sense I feel we probably get a broader feel than our own social and work circles. And if me and Westdene Seagull agree something is good or bad it generally is :lolol:
Would that be the same barometer you used for telling us milliband and his boys would romp home? :lolol:

e350d577298adec705e3218268490552.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here