Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the Travel voucher be added to the season/match ticket price

Should travel voucher be added to tickets

• Total voters

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The club should put ticket prices up by £2 per game to cover overheads. They should then offer FREE travel vouchers to everyone by them being added to the ticket. This will mean that everyone has the opportunity to use bus, train or park&ride without having to decide a week in advance. Those that walk or cycle canot claim the money back because there was no cost in the first place as the travel is free.

This is essential for permision to be granted for any expansion plans PLUS everyone who currently steal the travel from the club by using something that they have not paid for will finally contribute.

Not bad but why just walkers and cyclists when other have already got the means to prove they should not pay twice.

I take it providing when you renew you show you have a bicycle or walking boots then that is proof ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Or alternatively as I have suggested an amnesty period where you have to prove to the club you do not require it, much the same

And continue to prove this throughtout the season in case your circumstances change? Prob best add £2 a game to cover the admin.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And continue to prove this throughtout the season in case your circumstances change? Prob best add £2 a game to cover the admin.

They won't change I can prove that as well.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
Not bad but why just walkers and cyclists when other have already got the means to prove they should not pay twice.

I take it providing when you renew you show you have a bicycle or walking boots then that is proof ?

They won't actually be "paying twice", the price of every ticket will be higher to cover ALL club overheads, the travel will be FREE, so no need for them to have to prove anything!

Like I said to you last night the best example is a cup of tea - you pay for the cup of tea and the milk and sugar are free, no-one turns up with proof of not needing milk or sugar and gets a discount. Here you will pay for a match ticket and the travel will be free so anyone with "proof" they don't need to travel will not get a discount.

Simple.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
What's provoked this, has someone had to use a travel voucher? :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
They won't actually be "paying twice", the price of every ticket will be higher to cover ALL club overheads, the travel will be FREE, so no need for them to have to prove anything!

Like I said to you last night the best example is a cup of tea - you pay for the cup of tea and the milk and sugar are free, no-one turns up with proof of not needing milk or sugar and gets a discount. Here you will pay for a match ticket and the travel will be free so anyone with "proof" they don't need to travel will not get a discount.

Simple.

Very green minded, walk or cycle and have to pay as much as those that don't

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How many other football clubs subsidise their fans travel to and from the game ?

Genuine question.

I do believe we are the first in England. Pioneers if you like. But it is in place at various clubs on the continent and most notably the France '98 World Cup; this tournament allowed you to travel inter-city on match days.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I do believe we are the first in England.

In which the correct reaction to this at the outset should, of course, have been for everyone to sue the club for this disgusting behaviour.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011

Simple.

Brilliant thank god someone has some brains on this forum. Well done lad.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In which the correct reaction to this at the outset should, of course, have been for everyone to sue the club for this disgusting behaviour.

Quite. One thing at a time though, I'm still awaiting my French court time for a World Cup refund when I took a lift instead of using the train. The bastards still wont return my calls. Ggggggrrrrr.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can we now refer to the voucher scheme as The Hut Tax? Because this is clearly what it is.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So on your logic all drink outlets are encouraging obesity by making those trying to lose weight and not having milk or sugar in their tea/coffee pay as much as those that do!

Quit this rather tedious stance as it is plain stupid and not a comparison at all.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
Quit this rather tedious stance as it is plain stupid and not a comparison at all.

Yes it is a direct comparison and it is only stupid in your mind because it doesn't support your own agenda.

Anyway congratulations as you are coming up to a full 24 hours of arguing about the same point even though it is clear that the vast majority do not agree with you!

is it my imagination or is there a football match going on in the midlands?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes it is a direct comparison and it is only stupid in your mind because it doesn't support your own agenda.

Anyway congratulations as you are coming up to a full 24 hours of arguing about the same point even though it is clear that the vast majority do not agree with you!

is it my imagination or is there a football match going on in the midlands?

It is totally not as you are not directly charged twice, that would be the game I am listening to

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It is totally not as you are not directly charged twice, that would be the game I am listening to

You have turned into a travel voucher version of Bushy.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006

FFS can you not grasp this yet, is your mind so closed to everyone elses view that you can't comprehend plain English. You are NOT paying twice as the travel will be free and club overheads will be included in the cost of the ticket. Please let me know when the penny finally drops!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
FFS can you not grasp this yet, is your mind so closed to everyone elses view that you can't comprehend plain English. You are NOT paying twice as the travel will be free and club overheads will be included in the cost of the ticket. Please let me know when the penny finally drops!

The price of tickets will go up to pay for it therefore those that have free travel, walk, cycle etc will pay more therefore in my case I paid for it once as a benefit in kind and then the club would charge me again.

Have a lie down and come back when you understand this better

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The price of tickets will go up to pay for it therefore those that have free travel, walk, cycle etc will pay more therefore in my case I paid for it once as a benefit in kind and then the club would charge me again.

Have a lie down and come back when you understand this better

We understand the argument. What we do not understand is your belief that a sensible, simple, efficient, realistic solution which will work for the vast majority of supporters should be adjusted to cater for a few precious and selfish types who perceive they loose out? Do you have this approach at work? In fact, given the god-awful inefficient state of the railways you probably do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here