Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the Travel voucher be added to the season/match ticket price

Should travel voucher be added to tickets

• Total voters

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That would be great but I believe this will only apply to Brighton & Hove buses. The buses used at the Park & Rides are sourced from many different companies so I can't see all of them buying equipment for such a system which would then only be used by them once a fortnight for 8 months of the year.

The buses at the P&R sites wouldn't need a modern ticket machine fitted if a reader was positioned at the boarding point.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Its early.

What about Pensioners with free bus travel?

It would be an administrative nightmare but the best thing the Club could do would have an opt out system on the provision of evidence that the journey has been paid for. Many people wouldn't bother and pay anyway so maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It would be an administrative nightmare but the best thing the Club could do would have an opt out system on the provision of evidence that the journey has been paid for. Many people wouldn't bother and pay anyway so maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

What a sensible suggestion - If you want your £1 per match refunded, go to refunds at AMEX with Season/Match Ticket and proof of journey. I can't imagine it will be a large number looking for refunds.

Poll still stands as is though - No refunds

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
The buses at the P&R sites wouldn't need a modern ticket machine fitted if a reader was positioned at the boarding point.

I can see that working at the P/R sites where everybody gets on the buses at the same point, but at Mill Road the boarding point moves as the road fills up with parked cars. You would need either a mobile reader or 5 or 6 static ones, still I suppose with current technology being what it is this shouldn't be a major problem.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What a sensible suggestion - If you want your £1 per match refunded, go to refunds at AMEX with Season/Match Ticket and proof of journey. I can't imagine it will be a large number looking for refunds.

Poll still stands as is though - No refunds

Or alternatively as I have suggested an amnesty period where you have to prove to the club you do not require it, much the same

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I walked to withdean for 10 yrs never complained about the travel voucher being part of the ticket price -I am annoyed that I paid £60 for travel vouchers which are not collected and people buying single tickets get free travel. I hope that the club put up single ticket prices by £2 so everyone pays. Not many people walk/cycle, may also cut down on those being dropped offand blocking the A27.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I did use mine to get to the park view/brewery tap on at least 4 occassions:)

To be fair, I did use mine for reasons of sheer laziness to get from the Tap to 'the' Withdean about twice a season. We're still talking a £3 needless surcharge x 20 x 10. I like to think I'm a fair kind of person. Call it FIVE HUNDRED QUID the club morally owes me and people like me? ???

Most unfair tax since Thatcher's Poll Tax IMHO.

Last edited:

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I hadn't thought about the sustainable travel argument - if it means getting the further seats - then I'd be happy for it o be included within the ticket price I guess x

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I walked to withdean for 10 yrs never complained about the travel voucher being part of the ticket price -I am annoyed that I paid £60 for travel vouchers which are not collected and people buying single tickets get free travel. I hope that the club put up single ticket prices by £2 so everyone pays. Not many people walk/cycle, may also cut down on those being dropped offand blocking the A27.

I think thats the nail on the head. I personally never really thought about the fact that I was paying for travel on top of my season ticket at Withdean, I just considered that to be the overall price and getting free travel was a nice bonus, and I know a lot of away fans thought it was a really nice touch as well. Obviously, NOW if they add on 30 quid people will see it as an additional charge, but after a while it will just be accepted as thats the overall price, and you get free travel. Personally, I am obviously in the minority of people who have had a good deal out of the vouchers, as I use the bus to and from every game, which would have cost me nearly 4 quid without them.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I can see that working at the P/R sites where everybody gets on the buses at the same point, but at Mill Road the boarding point moves as the road fills up with parked cars. You would need either a mobile reader or 5 or 6 static ones, still I suppose with current technology being what it is this shouldn't be a major problem.

A marshall or steward with a mobile reader at the boarding point could also mean filling more than one bus at a time and allow multiple queues for the return journey after the game.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Yes - as long as it is taken off the car parking charge... say... six people at £30 each... should halve the ticket from £360 to £180 for the season.

DanielT

I pay for parking at the uni. If travel had been included this year, I would've used P&R

At Withdean I walked, but never moaned about the travel vouchers.

There are no methods that will please everyone, and there will always be people who fair better or worse, and there will also be those who cheat the system.

logistically, the club cannot personalise 22000 or more people's requirements.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I think it should be an option.

Smartcards with integrated travel could be say Blue, those without white. It would still require some policing, but it's easier to check the colour of a card at distance rather than check the details on an individual ticket/voucher.

That looks to be the perfect solution.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How many other football clubs subsidise their fans travel to and from the game ?

Genuine question.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
How many other football clubs subsidise their fans travel to and from the game ?

Genuine question.

Just as importantly, how many charge them for transport options they don't use? Just let everyone sort themselves out and keep prices the same.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just as importantly, how many charge them for transport options they don't use? Just let everyone sort themselves out and keep prices the same.

There is a transport infrastructure in place that the majority use, and its an infrastructure that was absolutely essential for permission for the stadium to be granted. We are ALL now benefitting from this stadium, so it seems to me to be churlish in the extreme to object to contributing towards the travel scheme which enabled the stadium to be built in the first place. Its all part of the package.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
The club should put ticket prices up by £2 per game to cover overheads. They should then offer FREE travel vouchers to everyone by them being added to the ticket. This will mean that everyone has the opportunity to use bus, train or park&ride without having to decide a week in advance. Those that walk or cycle canot claim the money back because there was no cost in the first place as the travel is free.

This is essential for permision to be granted for any expansion plans PLUS everyone who currently steal the travel from the club by using something that they have not paid for will finally contribute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here