Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the poor be Sterilised?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I've thought for years, if people can't afford to look after their own kids, then they shouldn't be able to have them and live on handouts. Totally morally wrong. People should have to apply for a licence to breed and prove they have the where with all to provide for the children they want to have. Don't see why hard working decent tax payers should keep footing the bill for the lazy, workshy and slappers of this world. If you can't afford something you don't have it, simples.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
As someone who has done exactly that, it's a very, very expensive process so not at all viable. Nor is the looney suggestion from above of taking kids away from parents who have more than two children.

The cost of supporting children of the unemployed is tiny within the scheme of things, scarcely worth worrying about.

You have sterilised poor people and then given them licence to breed after they have passed a course?

Don't worry about the cost; for people with as much money as me and Gina it would be money well spent. Not sure who would work in our mines and sweatshops though.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've thought for years, if people can't afford to look after their own kids, then they shouldn't be able to have them and live on handouts. Totally morally wrong. People should have to apply for a licence to breed and prove they have the where with all to provide for the children they want to have. Don't see why hard working decent tax payers should keep footing the bill for the lazy, workshy and slappers of this world. If you can't afford something you don't have it, simples.

Barking, totally barking

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Barking, totally barking

Not at all my friend....I'm talking about those who make a willing choice to breed, in the full knowledge they have no intention what so ever of actually providing for that child....People who lose their jobs, or become ill etc etc should of course be provided for. But people who serve no purpose except, laying back and just increasing the population while everyone else foots the bill, is totally morally wrong. Quite frankly I can't see how anyone can disagree with this.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
There is of course the other alternative of redistributing wealth, especially inherited wealth which you have only earned by being born! However, I doubt she would consider that option.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not at all my friend....I'm talking about those who make a willing choice to breed, in the full knowledge they have no intention what so ever of actually providing for that child....People who lose their jobs, or become ill etc etc should of course be provided for. But people who serve no purpose except, laying back and just increasing the population while everyone else foots the bill, is totally morally wrong. Quite frankly I can't see how anyone can disagree with this.

Really? Most people I know were horrified by the story a couple a days ago of the child who was thrown down the toilet to die. That's what I think is morally wrong. And yet that's what you seem to be advocating.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
The solution to poverty is using the personal wealth of the worlds billionaires and sharing it amongst the poor....

We need poor, and we need the rich.

If everybody had money then there would be nobody to do the menial labour, nobody would work in the badly paid jobs that we all rely on, and society would fall apart.

Watch the film "In Time" with Justin Trousersnake in it. Is a wicked sci-fi film anyway, but it makes the point above much better than I do.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Really? Most people I know were horrified by the story a couple a days ago of the child who was thrown down the toilet to die. That's what I think is morally wrong. And yet that's what you seem to be advocating.

What???..Don't get me going, my child was three months prem and is the love of my life. I would die for her..It's scum like that, who shouldn't have children in the first place....Just explain how I have advocated that??? Rich people can be scum as well as poor people. But people who cannot provide for themselves, should not depend on others. That's basically all I've said!!!!! and I stand by it, im fed up with seeing these old slappers with four kids, smoking a fag,strolling up the streets drinking a can of lager.

http://dailycurrant.com/2013/05/28/gina-rinehart-calls-for-sterilization-of-the-poor/

Does she have a point ???

Conservative billionaire Gina Rinehart called for the sterilization of the poor today, arguing that the only way to alleviate poverty is to stop the "underclasses" from multiplying.

In a video uploaded to her official YouTube account, the Australian mining heiress said that income inequality is caused by differences in intelligence, and eugenics is the only answer.

"Our nation faces a grave economic crisis as the combination of a strong Australian dollar and falling commodity prices sap our ability to compete globally," she explained. "The only logical solution to this crisis is to strengthen the quality of our most precious resource: human capital.

"I believe that any couple making less than $100,000 a year should be forcibly sterilized through a vasectomy or fallopian tubal ligation. Those earning more than $100,000 a year should be encouraged to have as many as 10 or 12 children.

"Only be eliminating waste and focusing on our brightest, most efficient workers can we hope to see off our rivals in the emerging world."

Rinehart is the richest person in Australia and ranks as one of the wealthiest women in the world. Most of her fortune comes from a mining company she inherited from her father and later built into a leading exporter of iron ore.

Her fortune prospered during Australia's long commodity export boom, but is under threat as China's economy slows and iron ore prices tumble. Adding to her woes is the rising cost of production.

Late last year, Rinehart made a video arguing that Australians needed to accept lower wages because people in Africa were willing to work for $2 a day. But in today's video she seems to have realized that even that won't be enough.

"Paying Australians less is a part of the solution, but it can't be the whole fix. It's no use paying someone at all if they're too lazy, drunk, and stupid to properly operate our sophisticated mining equipment.

"So I'm willing to pay a decent wage, as long as I'm getting the son of a doctor and not the son of a failed bartender on welfare. The problem is that the underclasses seem to be outbreeding the intelligent folks, and I can't find a decent worker anywhere.

"That's where our government comes in. By stopping the poor from procreating, we can create a new class of intelligent, hard-working, well-paid Australians that will forge our economic future."

Rinehart recently ranked 16th on Forbes' list of the most powerful women in the world, ahead of Australian prime minister Julia Gillard. Her fortune is estimated at over $21 billion in U.S. dollars.

It may have mentioned before in this thread, but in case it hasn't...

The Daily Currant is a satirical 'news service' similar to the Daily Onion!

Also, CurrAnt is a fruit, CurrEnt is something relative to events!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

So how are you going to decide which people are a burden to society and at what age do you decide that it is no longer possible for someone to sort their life out and make a viable contribution to the world. I arsed about for much of my young life and would probably have fitted into your sterilizing category. However now I am a respectable member of society and there is no reason my three couldn't do something very worthwhile......, Sometimes I even go to work.

No I am sorry but your idea is flawed, much better to sterilise everyone and work back from there.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
There are people on here who actually support such a notion.

Wow !

I always said there was a cancerous underbelly that runs through this country. Something that will manifest itself through an acceptable face in politics.

This prophesy clearly has mileage.

Last edited:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

What has this to do with the the point kev has made, for which i am totally agree with with, why should those who willing chose to breed, in the full knowledge they have no intention what so ever of actually providing for that child?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What???..Don't get me going, my child was three months prem and is the love of my life. I would die for her..It's scum like that, who shouldn't have children in the first place....Just explain how I have advocated that??? Rich people can be scum as well as poor people. But people who cannot provide for themselves, should not depend on others. That's basically all I've said!!!!! and I stand by it, im fed up with seeing these old slappers with four kids, smoking a fag,strolling up the streets drinking a can of lager.

You really should move out of the ghetto that is Tunbridge Wells, maybe if you worked harder you could afford to live somewhere decent away from the peasants.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Given all this, as someone who knows nothing about it, but has the inalienable right to ponticate about it, as I have an opinion, and all opinions are valued on here, what about all the cold weather earlier this year? Was it colder than before? How long is before? Explain that to me? And then I'll change the subject. Because that's my inalienable right. Clouds, eh? Why are they mostly in the sky. And why shoiul;d I bothert prppfreading me messages. eh? You tell me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here