Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Should Prince Charles be speaking out about the Rwanda deportations?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
[/B]
An odd thing to write about a 73 year old man who has been groomed for the throne for all of those 73 years.

Anyone would think he'd been sent off for descent after being lucky to escape a straight red from a horrendous foul.

He's closer than ever (obviously) to the throne than he was when he was in his 30s and commenting on things! Assuming he outlives his mum, he'll be the oldest person ever to ascend to the throne!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Everyone is entitled to an opinion - even Prince Charles !

I agree with his opinion anyway. Deporting immigrants to Rwanda is beyond appalling. A profoundly ill-judged, brutal policy.

Imagine the documentaries to come as the immigrants are flown to Rwanda, arrive there traumatised, and forced into an uncertain future.
This will come back and haunt this government and Priti Patel. What were they thinking of?

She is one nasty evil piece of work and a proven bully; nothing will come to haunt her. I reckon she gets off on this.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Whilst he still a prince he can have an opinion, but not as a monarch. Whoever he spoke to about his private opinion is not to be trusted by going to the press.

I don’t believe the Sun, ever, even if it said it is sunny today, I would look out of the window.

The Queen is far more subtle. She wears a blue hat with flowers in a circle with yellow centres or has tea with a bear who epitomises orphaned refugees.

Or gets her legal representative to lobby the Government to change bills in her favour.

But yeah, let's keep pretending the monarch never gets involved in politics.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
He hasnt spoken out, not publicly anyway. Wish he would/could though for what it is worth. How we can have a home secretary who has broken the ministerial code (at least) twice,is beyond me, her own rules even would have meant her parents wouldnt have been allowed here. Awful woman, really awful policy

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He will when he’s king, but in the meantime consider his father. A refugee who was stateless,of Greek/Danish background. A posh refugee, but a refugee nonetheless.
King George V took him in because they were second cousins, both descended from their grandmother Victoria.

Sorry, I take your point, but he WILL be king, so his behaviour now is closely monitored.

He should keep quiet or consider his confidants more carefully IMO.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I don't give a shit about what's the norm. He doesn't think he's right and has spoken out. Good on him.

If he thought it was right and had spoken out he'd be getting crucified by the usual suspects

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Not convinced the future King should be commenting personally.

How many times has the Queen made comments on her government’s policies in 70 years?

Not saying he’s wrong but it’s a massive change from the norm.

It was a remark made in private but seized on by the press. It was never meant to be public, just his personal opinion which he is perfectly entitled to. So he wasn't 'speaking out' at all.

Suggest you take your culture wars elsewhere.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't give a shit about what's the norm. He doesn't think he's right and has spoken out. Good on him.

If he thought it was right and had spoken out he'd be getting crucified by the usual suspects

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Not sure that’s the Royal Family’s brief. Speaking out is a complete No No. I agree with him but he’s a loose canon who will be a disaster as King…imo

He will turn out to be the Republican’s dream

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It was a remark made in private but seized on by the press. It was never meant to be public, just his personal opinion which he is perfectly entitled to. So he wasn't 'speaking out' at all.

Suggest you take your culture wars elsewhere.

Suggest what you like, it should never have made the headlines. Not convinced he didn’t intend it to either.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry, I take your point, but he WILL be king, so his behaviour now is closely monitored.

He should keep quiet or consider his confidants more carefully IMO.

He hasn’t caused a constitutional crisis, and who would monitor him.

Blame the snitch who ran to. Murdoch paper with tittle tattle. Murdoch isn’t content with getting us out of Europe, he hates the monarchy too. Evil ma.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Suggest what you like, it should never have made the headlines. Not convinced he didn’t intend it to either.

Money, money and more money. £25K for a story from the Sun? That’s what Natalie Elphick got for her story of being a wife to a criminal sex pest, and yet she jumped into his seat in Parliament. Sordid horrible creeps in the press.
It could have been someone who just overheard it, and couldn’t wait.

Prince Charles has to go to Rwanda in two weeks to head the Commonwealth conference. How can he face the other 53 countries when the majority of them are also appalled.

I really wish Patel’s parents had gone to Rwanda straight from Uganda and saved us from that evil woman at the Home Office.

Just think, a gay man has escaped persecution in Africa, has family in Britain, gets here, and finds himself flown straight out again.

The Home Office excuse is it will stop the boats, and people traffickers. It won’t, it will mean refugees going straight into hiding instead.
Why punish the victims of traffickers, when the traffickers themselves are the criminals?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Stick together, Tory boys. Shipping anyone to Rwanda is ******** disgusting.

I think I have already said that Charles is right TWICE, but the Royal Family cannot get involved in politics!

Yes of course it’s disgusting, are you really that bigoted that you think everyone other than a Leftie like you thinks it’s a good idea?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Quite amusing seeing the sort of people who usually bang on about free speech and the evils of “cancel culture” trying to gag the future King, to be fair.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think I have already said that Charles is right TWICE, but the Royal Family cannot get involved in politics!

Yes of course it’s disgusting, are you really that bigoted that you think everyone other than a Leftie thinks it’s a good idea?

You’ve just destroyed any cudos you had using the ‘Leftie’ word.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Yes of course it’s disgusting, are you really that bigoted that you think everyone other than a Leftie thinks it’s a good idea?

He wasn't 'getting involved'- it was a private comment. It's not as though he said it at a public event or anything. If you can't tell the difference, then I don't even know where to start...

And why even start this thread?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You’ve just destroyed any cudos you had using the ‘Leftie’ word.

I have no interest in having Kudos and you are very much a Leftie aren’t you?

I do not say that as a slur either

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here