Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Should Prince Charles be speaking out about the Rwanda deportations?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
About time one of them did something worthwhile.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
What a man says to the plants and the trees should stay with the �� and ��.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Whilst he still a prince he can have an opinion, but not as a monarch. Whoever he spoke to about his private opinion is not to be trusted by going to the press.

I don’t believe the Sun, ever, even if it said it is sunny today, I would look out of the window.

The Queen is far more subtle. She wears a blue hat with flowers in a circle with yellow centres or has tea with a bear who epitomises orphaned refugees.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Everyone is entitled to an opinion - even Prince Charles !

I agree with his opinion anyway. Deporting immigrants to Rwanda is beyond appalling. A profoundly ill-judged, brutal policy.

Imagine the documentaries to come as the immigrants are flown to Rwanda, arrive there traumatised, and forced into an uncertain future.
This will come back and haunt this government and Priti Patel. What were they thinking of?

I hope demonstrators go and sit on the runway to prevent the plane taking off.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not convinced the future King should be commenting personally.

How many times has the Queen made comments on her government’s policies in 70 years?

Not saying he’s wrong but it’s a massive change from the norm.

As @Neville’s Breakfast said it was a private conversation, however, Prince Charles needs to consider who he can trust if he doesn’t want it leaked.

The way to bring the monarchy down is to start interfering.

He needs to keep his head down and look at the exemplary example his Mother sets.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As @Neville’s Breakfast said it was a private conversation, however, Prince Charles needs to consider who he can trust if he doesn’t want it leaked.

The way to bring the monarchy down is to start interfering.

He needs to keep his head down and look at the exemplary example his Mother sets.

He will when he’s king, but in the meantime consider his father. A refugee who was stateless,of Greek/Danish background. A posh refugee, but a refugee nonetheless.
King George V took him in because they were second cousins, both descended from their grandmother Victoria.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
There is of course the possibility that Charles made the comments to someone he knew would pass them on. He has deniability on the basis of it being a private conversation. His views get out into the open.

However, I don't think it is good for the future of the monarchy for them to get involved in politics. The Queen knows that and Charles needs to learn that, afterall, I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time he's commented on things.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There is of course the possibility that Charles made the comments to someone he knew would pass them on. He has deniability on the basis of it being a private conversation. His views get out into the open.

However, I don't think it is good for the future of the monarchy for them to get involved in politics. The Queen knows that and Charles needs to learn that, afterall, I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time he's commented on things.

An odd thing to write about a 73 year old man who has been groomed for the throne for all of those 73 years.

Anyone would think he'd been sent off for descent after being lucky to escape a straight red from a horrendous foul.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
As already pointed out, it was newspapers reporting private conversations, not public statements.
No, he shouldn’t comment on such things.
BUT given that we seem to be closer to a lying Fascist dictatorship every day, I’m quite happy his reasonable views are coming out, presuming they are true.

He is only agreeing with the UNHCR, and the whole Rwanda thing is disgusting to anyone halfway civilised.

And yes, I am angry about it.

PS - the Home Office LIED about having UN support for this move. It’s beyond belief, and any reasonable people should be incensed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
[/B]
An odd thing to write about a 73 year old man who has been groomed for the throne for all of those 73 years.

Anyone would think he'd been sent off for descent after being lucky to escape a straight red from a horrendous foul.

Sending off for descent would surely be for going down in a blatant dive trying to pretend they'd be the victim of a horrid foul, not actually for a horrid foul?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Thought for the day.

On Tuesday, a plane load of illegal immigrants is due to take off for Rwanda, the idea being that none of them will legally set foot in the UK again. Their chances of ever emerging from poverty are minimal.

Later the same day, Paraguayan Julio Enciso will be allowed into the country as a legal immigrant, because he has, or is about to agree, a contract of employment with BHAFC that will set him up for life.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
If I agree with him - yes.
If I don't agree - no.

That's it works, isn't it?

Indeed - I'm sure that the people who are saying "He should keep out of politics" or "It's none of his business" would be praising his 'courage' if he said "Brexit is a wonderful opportunity for Britain" or "Boris Johnson is doing a marvellous job."

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
He will when he’s king, but in the meantime consider his father. A refugee who was stateless,of Greek/Danish background. A posh refugee, but a refugee nonetheless.
King George V took him in because they were second cousins, both descended from their grandmother Victoria.

Yes, he was a Nazi refugee. Of German decent, both his sisters married high ranking SS officers. Phillip's mum tried to stand up to the Nazis and was made an outcast for it.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20220611-134828_Chrome.jpg

Funny old thing about thread titles :D

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If he wants to be accepted as HMQ's successor, he needs to speak out like this to put the fat messy lying bungle**** in his place.
He doesn't have to be accepted as Betty Windsor's successor

He IS Betty Windsor's successor.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
For those who say he should keep quiet - is that regardless of the subject? Say, for arguments sake, this awful excuse for a government started putting minority groups they don't like in camps, would you expect him to intervene because I would. This mob and this Rwanda thing are so vile I would hope ANY decent human would speak up against it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here