Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Should Nigel Farage get a knighthood?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
:lolol:He has been the MEP for South-East England for 20 years!Did he win that in a cracker?

As for a knighthood,if utter failures like Cable and Starmer get one,Farage should become a Lord. Lord Farage of Farnborough sounds grand enough for our new USA envoy.

Starmer was knighted for his services to law and criminal justice before he was a politician. Unless you know specifically he was an utter failure in law with that statement.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
people dont like his politics so will say no. however he has done more politically than many who have knighthoods or made Lords. if you had an objective process for awarding them he'd probably have got one years ago.

What actually has he done? Cameron and the Tories called for the referendum. All Farage did was lead a pressure group party that existed in the Tory Party anyway. He's failed to represent his constituents time and time again as an MEP, and never elected as an MP. He's never done simple voluntary things that many politicians do like being on a School Governing Body, never represented local politics. He's a charlatan and publicity whore who has enriched himself throughout and even got caught up in tax avoidance scandals. If you had an objective process for awarding them, there maybe some that shouldn't have them, but he'd definitely remain without one.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yeah, Knight the ****. Make him PM, make him King. A this point it really doesn’t make any difference. It’s over. The idiots won.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
He’ll get one when he’s very old and Brexit has worked out.

It’ll be awful for about five years...OK after that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can’t warm to the bloke. I respect the views of Brexiteers, but Farage comes across as an arrogant narcissist, who’s always discontent eg he spent the GE manoeuvring against and slagging off BJ because his paranoia told him that we’re heading for a soft Brexit. He loves his own fame, a politician on steroids.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
One of the worst attendance records of any MEP whilst happily pocketing salary and pension benefits.

Perhaps that is why he was elected,to show the EU our contempt?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Starmer was knighted for his services to law and criminal justice before he was a politician. Unless you know specifically he was an utter failure in law with that statement.

Did I even mention the Law?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He’ll get one when he’s very old and Brexit has worked out.

It’ll be awful for about five years...OK after that.

Ah, someone who has an idea about time frames.
So, five years, or thereabouts you reckon?
What is going to be happening during that five years that is awful and what will happen after five years that will be OK?
If you could include a basic time frame, with key objectives, when they’ll be achieved, costings and procedures etc. That would be helpful.

Darth Mogg reckons it’ll take over fifty years. So how do you come to the figure of five years?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
:lolol:He has been the MEP for South-East England for 20 years!Did he win that in a cracker?

As for a knighthood,if utter failures like Cable and Starmer get one,Farage should become a Lord. Lord Farage of Farnborough sounds grand enough for our new USA envoy.

Did I even mention the Law?

Starmer got his knighthood for services to Law, so by saying if an utter failure like Starmer can get a knighthood, you are directly implying he got a knighthood for being an utter failure in Law.

Strange when you have to explain someone's own post back to them. :shrug:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's interesting how differently we can view things. Personally I think he's done more damage to the country than anyone this century. Possibly last, too. Others appear to see him as some kind of hero. Probably the truth lies somewhere in between.

It would be interesting though if he were given a knighthood if he would accept. He's been quite outspoken about the House of Lords being unfit for business so it would be interesting to see if his dislike of it stretches to being titled or if he's happy to be a Sir safe in the knowledge that he can be a Knight of the Realm and still a champion of the people by calling for the abolishment of the House of Lords.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I wouldn't be upset If I woke up tomorrow to find he'd met two of the key criteria for a sainthood, he'd have to do some heavy duty repenting...

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
It's interesting how differently we can view things. Personally I think he's done more damage to the country than anyone this century. Possibly last, too. Others appear to see him as some kind of hero. Probably the truth lies somewhere in between.

It would be interesting though if he were given a knighthood if he would accept. He's been quite outspoken about the House of Lords being unfit for business so it would be interesting to see if his dislike of it stretches to being titled or if he's happy to be a Sir safe in the knowledge that he can be a Knight of the Realm and still a champion of the people by calling for the abolishment of the House of Lords.

If there was a chance to make money out of it he would accept.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
He'll probably be looked back upon in history in the same vein as drake, Nelson & monty

Are you seriously saying that he is in the same league any of these three!!! FFS, That’s like lumping Danny Cullip in with Bobby Moore.

Saying that Drake was a chancer and was not much better than a pirate so there are some similarities ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Yep, only made it as far as head of Crown prosecution service. (By the way, that's not an ITV daytime programme ......you dimwit)

You wouldn't want me to list all the falings and associated cluster****s of the CPS now would you?

Holding certain positions gives you auto-qualification for a gong. Take the Speaker. A peerage awaits whether good, bad or indifferent. Ditto being PM (on leaving the HoC).

Personally, as a Labour voter, the last thing the party needs is a north London, Oxbridge educated, knight of the realm poshboy leading the party. A tory wearing a red tie.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Well - the British elites have given knighthoods to very many racist, xenophobic, anti-Semitic demagogues over the years - so he would fit right in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here