Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Should Nigel Farage get a knighthood?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Potentially for services to demagoguery; to be fair he has really excelled in this area. :salute:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
He'll probably be looked back upon in history in the same vein as drake, Nelson & monty

more likely Oswald Mosley and Enoch Powell.

In other words, it's a very big NO from me.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I certainly don't think he should get one on his own. Totally f***ing up the country took the combined efforts of all three

View attachment 118490

Look on the bright side Watford; at least we haven't got useless Corbyn as PM and Marxist McDonnell as Chancellor, who would seriously f--k up the country!
Let us hope the Labour Party come to their collective senses and Long-Bailey gets nowhere near the leadership.
Anyway, I'm fed up with political postings, so have a great Christmas!:thumbsup:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
The honour system are massively in need of reform but as we are currently stuck with them this would be a massive insult to the MPs (from all parties) who have managed to win their seats and then work hard to serve their constituents, work on parliamentary sub-committees etc. My Tory MP has a knighthood and I don't agree with the majority of his voting decisions but acknowledge his local work and don't really have a problem with it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Look on the bright side Watford; at least we haven't got useless Corbyn as PM and Marxist McDonnell as Chancellor, who would seriously f--k up the country!
Let us hope the Labour Party come to their collective senses and Long-Bailey gets nowhere near the leadership.
Anyway, I'm fed up with political postings, so have a great Christmas!:thumbsup:

Are you suggesting useless Johnson will humorously f*** up the country ?

I will thanks :thumbsup:

Have a great Christmas yourself and we'll see what 2020 brings :wink:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
After the past few years of establishment chaos and anti democracy, I’d get rid of this tired ancient awards system. See the new speaker says Bercow should receive one, is that because he wants one in due course inc all the accompanying privileges? Self serving recognition for the largely already rich and/or famous.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
If there is a 'services for failing at every election ever' category then he'd be shoe-in, but i can't think of much else he is worthy for.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Are you suggesting useless Johnson will humorously f*** up the country ?

I will thanks :thumbsup:

Have a great Christmas yourself and we'll see what 2020 brings :wink:

I don't think he will.
I do believe Johnson will mature into the job.
2020..........Hmm, the rain will finally stop one day!
Albion will finish respectably in mid table. The summer weather will be better than last year and you can get the hood down in your lovely XK!
P.S.The XJ has kept me nicely warm and dry!:D

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
If there is a 'services for failing at every election ever' category then he'd be shoe-in, but i can't think of much else he is worthy for.

:lolol:He has been the MEP for South-East England for 20 years!Did he win that in a cracker?

As for a knighthood,if utter failures like Cable and Starmer get one,Farage should become a Lord. Lord Farage of Farnborough sounds grand enough for our new USA envoy.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Right - this is becoming a Crusade.

SHOO. SHOO. SHOO.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
:lolol:He has been the MEP for South-East England for 20 years!Did he win that in a cracker?

Considering he's actively trying to make himself unemployed by leading the crusade of leaving the EU I find it hilarious.

Lets not forgetting that he also lost a vote not only against John Bercow, but a Dolphin :lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
people dont like his politics so will say no. however he has done more politically than many who have knighthoods or made Lords. if you had an objective process for awarding them he'd probably have got one years ago.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003

As for a knighthood,if utter failures like Cable and Starmer get one,Farage should become a Lord. Lord Farage of Farnborough sounds grand enough for our new USA envoy.

One of the worst attendance records of any MEP whilst happily pocketing salary and pension benefits.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Farage started as just an individual with a point of view. The more he was derided, put down and verbally abused by those happy with the status quo, the more he started to garner support, to the point where he had a ' popular ' following.
I disagree with those who attribute division in this country to him, alone. He didn't divide the country. It was already divided. I shuddered in the 80's when I saw ' Loadsamoney ' I knew then that that caricature was close to the truth. A get rich quick mentality, largely based around the capital city and Home Counties. Like a Gold Rush, it couldn't last. It was arrogant and ugly and it distorted our economy, alienated the traditional working class areas of the North and Midlands and started a socio-economic divide that has never healed. Social conscience disappeared in a rush for wealth. The Establishment ( based in and around London were happy ) and the decline in areas outside of smug and affluent suburbia continued its downward path. Labour's open door policy, allowing the equivalent of the population of London to come in, in two decades, accelerated division in areas, already under pressure and left many of the disadvantaged, uncomfortable in their own, overcrowded towns and cities. There was growing desire for a protest vote against the status quo. Many people saw no benefit to themselves but their frustration couldn't be reflected in general elections. Farage and others pushed for a protest vote and eventually, the misguided Cameron granted one.
Knighthoods have become devalued. Now they are given out like sweets to politicians and civil servants, for loyalty and service, to people who have just carried out a job of work. Not outstanding in their field, just competent. Farage is not deserving of one, either. He hasn't changed much. He isn't a real ' game-changer ' We aren't leaving a trading bloc because of him alone. A lot of people, rightly or wrongly wanted a change. He has achieved his aim largely through default, not through design. He got lucky in his ambition and that doesn't warrant an honour. Honours should be for outstanding achievement, courage, bravery or selfless devotion above and beyond normality. ( Sorry Nigel....but....)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here