Should Harley get one last chance?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
No the lad tried but no sorry !!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
But if he ever dons the Albion shirt again he will always get my support as any player in the blue and white stripes does.
PEOPLE WHO BOO OUR PLAYERS SHOULDN'T BE AT THE AMEX FULL STOP !!! IMHO

And I don't want to hear the lamest and dullest excuses ever of "ooohh we pay our money we are entitled to moan" pathetic !!!!
Yes moan and boo about pie and beer prices but neve,r ever your own team !!!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I know I'm going to get slated for this but I want to know what others think. Harley gets a huge amount of stick from fans (some wrong, some right) despite the fact he's never had an extended run in the team. The modern football formation is to play 2 holding midfielders and one other attacking, free role midfielder. Bridcutt is always going to be one of our holding midfielders alongside either Hammond, Dicker or Crofts and in recent games Crofts hasn't looked his usual self (maybe getting fitness back after injury). I don't want this to become another thread about how rubbish we are (we're not) but we have looked a bit sluggish going forward from midfield recently compared to Sheffield Wednesday and Barnsley games for example.

In my opinion Ryan Harley is our only central midfielder who looks to make runs forward and tries to make that pass to unlock defences (not always 'unlocking' admittedly). Essentially he is our only CM with that trait and to be fair he did look promising around October time last year (Coventry at home springs to mind).

Thoughts?

No he realy is not good enough

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Harley NO, however what about JFC?

putting JFC out on loan was another massive mistake by Gus,Jake is a quality young attacking midkielder who came of age in the stains game, opening up the scoring and giving the team confidence when we were in a losing run,and then what does the dictator do,loanout our only decent attacking midfielder

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
putting JFC out on loan was another massive mistake by Gus,Jake is a quality young attacking midkielder who came of age in the stains game, opening up the scoring and giving the team confidence when we were in a losing run,and then what does the dictator do,loanout our only decent attacking midfielder

Couldn't agree more. JFC ideal but not Harley. Would have loved us to have signed Trotter rather than Hammond on loan and Lopez.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
We need physicality, pace and aggression .... Harley's got none of those

No we don't, we need craft and guile, I think he has more of that than a certain AB.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Our current first XI isn't working, we need to change something. Most people agree that is more of an attacking central midfielder we need, and if Gus thinks Ryan can do that, then good luck to him. I would sooner have someone in that position, then Bridcutt, Crofts and Hammond again.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I would be interested to see this, i think there may be legs to it - defensive stability but with enough going forward.

If we played him as the most advanced in a 4-2-3-1, like;
Kuszczak
Bruno El-Abd Greer Bridge
Bridcutt Crofts
Buckley Harley Orlandi
Mackail-Smith

I would prefer to see Dobbie in place of Harley in this formation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here