Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Should fireworks be BANNED for the general public?

Should purchasing fireworks be BANNED for the general public?

• Yes it should, licensed events only

Votes: 83 55.0%
  • Sales hould be allowed on 5th November only

Votes: 13 8.6%
  • No, the public should be free to purchase them all year round without restrictions

Votes: 55 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Licenced events only, too many prats around who use any excuse this time of year until Christmas to have an impromptu fireworks display.

Limiting their use to specific days a year would not be policeable.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Pointless thread

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Sold without restrictions (beyond those controlling the sale to minors) but stronger punishments for those letting them off in public places. Those dickheads are the real problem, not the bloke from number 30 who wants to let off a few rockets and Catherine wheels in his back garden to celebrate his daughters 18th birthday in February.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
My sons girlfriend brought some that supposedly do not make any loud noise claiming they are better for animals. I suppose this is a step forward for petrified pets

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
As the plotters would be considered terrorists in the modern world it does seem a strange thing to celebrate.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't know about selling them only on November 5th., but a limited period around that time - say a week before Guy Fawkes night - would be fine by me.
More importantly, just make them suitable for back gardens with the kids watching (safely). Those great bombs that you're supposed to dig a hole for - no, no need for them to be on sale to the public.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
It's much safer for everyone if I'm allowed to buy them. You really don't want to be near the homemade ones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here