Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shortlist of four

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'd rather we coached British players to play the Brighton way, which has Spanish and Latin American influences. Playing 'the Spanish way' doesn't mean signing Spanish players exclusively.

And I don't believe we have academy status, have we?

I said "The academy is set up and trains to play the Spanish way. This is the direction the club wants to go."
That means the youngsters that Brighton sign are being trained the Spanish way, i did not mention that we have to sign "Spanish players exclusively", i merely mean't that if Oscar is named as the manager he will carry on this philosophy and seeing that players that play in Spain can be cheaper to sign if the budget is tight, then Oscar may be able to attract a few.
And yes Brighton do have an academy. They train at Falmer, at Mill Road and do one or two days schooling in classrooms overlooking the North Stand.
http://www.football-trial.com/Brighton-Hove-Albion-FC-Football-Trial.html

"“Now the Club has achieved Academy status, John will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Club’s player development from the youngest age group right up to and including the youth team – from where the challenge for the Apprentices will be to progress to our development squad and eventually into the first team.”
http://www.lfe.org.uk/news/brighton-hove-albion-bring-in-morling-as-academy-manager

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Hinge"n"Brackett

Roger D'courcey and Nookie Bear

Alex Ferguson and Roy Keane no.2

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oscar
Sherwood( please god no!)
Paul Daniels
Debbie McGhee