Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Short corners ....?!!!!!!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
All I can take from it is the manager doesn't think we have any kind of aerial threat in the box when it goes in there.

Why else wouldn't you be crossing the ball into the box when you have the opportunity?

In which case why do the central defenders bother coming up for corners?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ian Wright also picking out our ridiculous short corners as a failure in the game

Potter got this horribly wrong yesterday. Wright was spot on, a goalie with limited confidence, 3 CBs pushed up.

The ‘tactic’ should have been abandoned at half-time or at 60 mins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I’d query as well as to what the hell we were doing allowing Dunk to take that free kick, Shirley there were better options.

It was a prefect angle for March to put in a dipping low ball into the thick of it against a nervous Pickford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I’d query as well as to what the hell we were doing allowing Dunk to take that free kick, Shirley there were better options.

It was a prefect angle for March to put in a dipping low ball into the thick of it against a nervous Pickford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He did score at Liverpool [emoji6][emoji57].

(I agree BTW).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
On one corner in the second half, I thought they had all just watched the last episode of Ted Lasso and were attempting "the sandman"! Alas, it just went back to the half way line where they then gave it away for a counter attack! [emoji17]

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I'd have some sympathy with your argument, were it not for two, rather vital, points:

1. Having decided to use that tactic, should we not then have had a plan other than 'pass it around aimlessly for a bit and see what happens'

and

2. Once it became blindingly obvious it wasn't working (to the point that everyone including the commentators were scatching ther heads), surely we could/should have changed the plan? Surely?
This, with bells on.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Agree with most our ability to adapt during games and change seems to be managed 100% from the management team, there is no evidence that the players can think for themselves.

Frustrating but I do think this will improve just hope it doesn't take too long.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's brilliant to mix it up every now and then by throwing a short corner in. Completely disrupts the defence and can allow a team to deliver the ball from a new angle.

However, I admit I went BATSHIT at about the 4th short corner in a row after we KNEW they had Flappy McFlappochops in goal, the wind was SWIRLING and the rain was a-HURLING. We literally scored from causing a bit of chaos. The evidence was there.

Again, I love the occasional short one, but it seemed as though we were desperate to be too clever when there's no shame in saying "This calls for some ugly stuff".

It wasn't even the fact they were short corners. It was more they were short corners with no real plan to them.

Nailed it.

I also lost my SHIT at about the third pathetic attempt at another aimless little tippy-tap session from a corner, given the conditions, and a goalkeeper who couldn't catch a virus if you sneezed in his FACE.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Considering we have an extra centre back on the pitch, I thought set pieces would be our forte.

Interested to hear the reasons why we played short corners.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here