Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shoreham Airshow this weekend

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes I remember it was closed while the renovation works were carried out a few years back, think the new bridge is very close to completion (September finish)

bridge is ready they are just faffing about with bits at both ends now...opens just as summer finishes!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The airshow is always a pain in the a***, mind you it was even worse when everyone used to park on the edge of the A27 to avoid paying.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Shame we can't get the Vulcan to fly over the Amex during the match on Saturday... would be awesome

What a sight that would be, of course the only slight flaw is that the Vulcan is only at Shoreham on Sunday.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Anyone coming from the west could consider diverting via the A272 across country. Not the best of roads, but you miss the joys of the Chichester and Arundel bypass plus Worthing. Add the airshow this weekend and it could be a bit naff along that stretch of the A27. Bit extra mileage, but much quicker on a busy day and far less stressful.
Colleoni here Pinky, I don't understand how the A272 fans on here keep praising it. According to Google maps it's 11 miles longer and takes an extra 21 minutes, it appears longer when you actually attempt it.
In 60 years of slogging up and down the A27 if your starting from or too anywhere around junction 7, the 27 is the only realistic route. Unless of course a part of it is actually closed.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Colleoni here Pinky, I don't understand how the A272 fans on here keep praising it. According to Google maps it's 11 miles longer and takes an extra 21 minutes, it appears longer when you actually attempt it.
In 60 years of slogging up and down the A27 if your starting from or too anywhere around junction 7, the 27 is the only realistic route. Unless of course a part of it is actually closed.

It absolutely doesn't add 21 minutes to your journey time. Probably about 10. But that's ten munites over a GOOD run down the A27. Such things are regrettably rare these days. Storrington can be a bit snarled up, but you miss Arundel and Worthing, so its more than a fair trade.

It probably helps that I know the roads around Storrington, etc very well, so can dive about a bit if needs be, but for evening games, by halfway through last season, I was Fontwell > Amberley > Storrington > Steyning > Shoreham on the way to the game pretty much always. Never on the way home though. A27 clear by then, obviously.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I will spend most of the weekend with my fingers in my ears going lalalalalala.

I usually try and arrange to be away for the airshow weekend, as I can't stand it. However for those of you who are into this sort of thing. Please go along, enjoy yourselves and put your hands in your pockets for a worthwhile cause. It is only one weekend a year and the airport has been around these parts a lot longer than I have.

Letting the crowds clear on Saturday, is my second excuse for staying behind for a few beers after the match.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Yes , got plan to get along on Sunday.

Always a good summer day out, plus I haven't been for a while.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here