Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shoreham Air show crash

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Speaking personally, it's because I've only just got in from the game. Tell you what, I'll give you my mobile number - that way you'll have the ability to have me permanently at your beck and call.

condolences to the families of the victims who gave died; get well soon wishes to the injured.
you really are a bellend mate.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Petulant? On reflection, I think it perhaps was. Apologies to any I offended, including [MENTION=22135]rippleman[/MENTION] it wasn't intentional. Neither were my condolences intended to be either perfunctory or emotionless - my sympathy is sincere.

Fair enough mate, we've all posted in haste before I know I'm as guilty as anyone of that. Apologies for jumping down your throat. Probably best to reflect that there are numerous families having the worst days of their lives as we bicker on NSC!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Everyone just be grateful you got home safely please!
This, in every way.

I'm in bed listening to the intermittent sirens going to/from the crash site (presumably), they've barely stopped all afternoon. It's been a surreal day and it's still not registering that something that is so innocuous and pleasant (I was watching the show from my garden this morning, for example) could result in a number of families suffering in the worst way tonight.

Horrendous.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Couldn't give a toss .... my two children and my ex-wife were due to be traveling across that bit of road this afternoon and I can't get hold of them !!!!! HSE and all that shite has nothing to do with it.

*** and that was couldn't give a toss for the organisers at the moment ***

Really hope your family are OK. You're a top bloke, thinking of you.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Sussex police have put out a number if you can't contact loved ones

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
My first trip to the Amex today and with my 5 year old son.Decided against driving from Worthing and parking at Hove
station then getting the train.Saw the smoke from the train on the way through.

Lots of us either made the right decision today or were lucky.

Seven people were not as fortunate.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
There's something to be said for sharing an awful experience, and I don't mean in a "look at me" way. Many people are going to be reading about these events, and thinking " what would I do to help in a similar situation?". You see the guys trying to decide whether to go over to the car, and you can't help but be relieved you're not them. Maybe you start to get an idea what you would do if you came across a lesser accident. Maybe not, I don't know, but without these videos we live in a bit of a bubble.

To answer your question in a practical way ie: "what would I do to help in a similar situation?" I would suggest just remember the acronym DR'S ABC. It's basic but it does the job every time.

D - Danger. Your priority is always to maintain your own safety. Check for signs of danger or potential risks before you start to treat a casualty.
R - Response. You now need to ascertain if the casualty is conscious. Ask them to respond to a simple question like "Can you tell me your name?" If they are unable to respond verbally, they may be able to respond to other simple commands like "Can you open your eyes?"
S - Shout for help. You will most likely require someone to help you call the emergency services while you attend to the casualty.
A - Airway. You should ensure that your casualty's airway is open and unblocked. If they are unconscious, tilt the head back and lift their chin to open the airway.
B- Breathing. You need to establish if your casualty is breathing normally - look, listen and feel for breaths. If your casualty is unconscious but breathing normally, they should be placed in the recovery position. If the casualty is unconscious and not breathing, you should dial 999 / 112 for the emergency services and start CPR.
C- Circulation. Look for signs of severe bleeding once the other checks have been made. Pressure should be applied to the bleeds and the affected limb raise above heart level. The casualty should be monitored and treated for signs of shock.

Learn this, teach this to your kids and others and one day you will either directly or indirectly save a savable life. Just remember to get it in the right order. There's not point doing the world's best touniquet on a major bleed if the casualty doesn't have an airway or isn't breathing.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
What an awful day.

Just to let you all know if (like me) you had tickets for tomorrow that the Sunday Display has been cancelled.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is not the time nor place for jokes.
Are you sure someone has made a joke? I didn't think so.

It defies belief the pilot was pulled alive from that.
There were reports (on here) that he had ejected. There were also reports that he had died, and those reports seem to have been premature (although critical might not do his condition justice), so not all reports have been accurate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here