NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is Christianity a religion of peace?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just caught up with this. 50 plus dead with the expectation of more. Really sad news. RIP

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Some ridiculous anti-American attitudes on this thread. US gun laws are obviously ridiculous but Brighton and Hove goes on about its cosmopolitan culture. It isn't reflected here. Small minded and glibly unaware of the danger of extreme Islamism.

For me it's not about being anti-American, it's about being anti-pricks-thinking-its-ok-to-murder-people-whose-views-differ-from-their-own. Couldn't care less whether said pricks are American, British, Ugandan, Vanuatuan, Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Hindi or Jedi...they're a vile, filthy disgrace to humanity.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Not anti-American, anti the NRA, the lobbying group financed by the likes of Smith & Wesson, whose shareholders are celebrating a 61% rise in sales in the first quarter of 2016.

There's money to be made out of fear, death and stupidity.

FFS any right thinking person realises the NRA are ridiculous. Having said that, if I lived in an isolated farmstead in the USA I'd have a gun for protection. My complaint was against the smug, complacent anti-American attitudes that are displayed in the first few pages of this thread. Read them.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My complaint was against the smug, complacent anti-American attitudes that are displayed in the first few pages of this thread. Read them.

I have my viewing set as 25 posts per page. In the first 25 posts, the nearest thing to "smug, complacent anti american attitudes" I can see is

It's their god given right!

Freedom aint free!

USA USA USA

And I struggle to see how that is smug, complacent, or anti-american (I believe it's possible to mock something without being anti-that thing).

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
No idea how accurate.

r28hh3.jpg

Shooter

Terrorist was 29-Year-Old Islamic Radical

The killer in the Orlando nightclub slaughter is 29-year-old Omar Mateen. TMZ has done a records search and found he held a Florida security officer license and a state firearms license.

The killer in the Orlando nightclub slaughter is 29-year-old Omar Mateen. TMZ has done a records search and found he held a Florida security officer license and a state firearms license.

0612-omar-mateen-nypd-shirts-MYSPACE-01

He's an American citizen and he has family that are not -- his parents are Afghan. Authorities say he was a terrorist and was targeting gays. They say in addition to terrorism this is a hate crime.

Authorities also believe he is part of the radical Islam movement, although they do not know if it was an organized attack or if he was a lone wolf. Authorities also believe Mateen specifically targeted a gay club.

Mateen's father told NBC News, "This has nothing to do with religion." He says his son became angry after seeing 2 men kissing a few months ago in Miami, and he speculates that could have triggered his decision to kill.

Law enforcement says Mateen was well prepared, with an assault weapon, a handgun and 2 suspicious devices.

The NYPD tells TMZ, Mateen has no association with the department, and that the shirts he was photographed in were unofficial garments that could be purchased at any store.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
FFS any right thinking person realises the NRA are ridiculous. Having said that, if I lived in an isolated farmstead in the USA I'd have a gun for protection. My complaint was against the smug, complacent anti-American attitudes that are displayed in the first few pages of this thread. Read them.

The NRA has over 5 million members, and whilst we here in the UK view them as looney tunes they are taken seriously in the States, where there are 112 guns per each 100 of the population.

Sent from Konnie Huq's lingerie drawer.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Surely a fundamentalist IS supporting Muslim is a right wing nutter?

irrespective of race colour creed religion political persuasion,every society has it's equal and opposite and it's upper and lower

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Suspected Orlando shooter called 911, swore allegiance to Islamic State -NBC

Omar S. Mateen, the Florida resident suspected of killing 50 people at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, called 911 before the shooting and swore allegiance to Islamic State, NBC News said on Twitter.

In a posting on its web site, MSNBC said Mateen swore allegiance to Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

www.msn.com/en-us/news/breakingnews...-islamic-state-nbc/ar-AAgX1Zt?ocid=spartandhp

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
............and a time to every purpose under heaven ... ... ... .... turn, turn, turn.

well not sure what this means,but was in agreement with the first statement about the right wing nutter part.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Very sad but not unexpected, when ordinary people have the right to buy assault rifles this is going to happen, especially when nutters buy them too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here