Shite day...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Three empty seats in front of me. I bet that was the M25.

Yeah, FIVE to my right, two in front. And I wanted to meet all my new neighbours.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Came down this morning on M25, went A3 Guildford, Horsham, Cowfold, A23. Only took extra 25 minutes.
The trouble with satnav is the alternative route. You need a map tp guess the diversion routes (may be different for each direction) and then detour sufficiently to miss these.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I live just S of Reigate and the traffic going into Reigate when we set out was horrendous - still, I thought, it'll all be going the other way so won't be a problem.
Not a mile down the A217 we ran into an accident and I must admit I was panicking as we sat there for ages - luckily the police and fire crews came along and got people round the blockage but it was a close run thing as it could have turned into another headache.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You're probably right! We moved just over 3 miles in 5 and a half hours today...
Sheesh, I didn't realise it caused some of you to miss the game - gutted for you. At least you got 3 points.

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
made a last minute decision to take the train from wellingborough, checked the traffic reports in the morning then thought there is no way on earth i'm going to chance driving. got the 8.30am train and was in the railway bell at 11.20, half pissed with the beers i quaffed on the train.
although i got back at 9.15 at night, long day i'm so glad i did it rather than opt to drive. .......this maybe the way forward:drink::drink::drink:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
That is a bugger! The TV said the clockwise would open a couple of lanes "mid-morning" but the anti-clockwise needed re-surfacing, the barriers replaces and a gantry mended - which would take hours.

Radio 5 said the same

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You'd be better going via the A36, M27 and A27, wouldn't you?

Yeap, I avoided the M25 and took this route from Oxford, took 4 hours. Got in the ground at 3.03, lucky.....

Would have been nice to have soaked up the pre-match, but a beer afterwards with a win made up for the traffic..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports