[Misc] Shìt that makes you feel old Volume I

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Shortly after I became the oldest person in my office.

Same, by at least 10 years. Some of the bloody whipper snappers don't know what I'm talking about half the time. But then, I don't have much clue what they're talking about either :lolol:

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Watched the Harold Shipman trilogy last week which recently aired on terrestrial TV.

Plenty of old footage from the late 90’s and early 00’s and my god it looks old. Akin to looking back at 80’s footage in the year 2000.

It still seems a completely bizarre concept to me that the year 2000 was 20 years ago now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
When I went to Boots the Chemist to get a couple of new toothbrushes and a pack of Nurofen.

As I was paying the woman behind the counter asked me if I would like to book a Flu Jab.

" Why, I enquired " ?

" It's free this year to over 50s she stated "

" You cheeky cow I responded "

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
The best post on this thread. Be thankful for every day you have because you may not have tomorrow.

I was told by a younger member of the office 'yeah but you're old'. Told him I had managed to get old, there's no guarantee that you will. Tomorrows promised to nobody. Good luck.
Think I spoilt his day.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That a shame it hasn't blown your socks off. In my opinion The Sopranos is the best television show. Apart from the characters being amazing, I think it's very rare for a show to be so consistently excellent for such a long time.

Funnily enough, it’s creator David Chase did create my favourite programme of all time, Northern Exposure.

I’m enjoying TS, maybe just hyped up a bit much .

But back to topic. My brother dropped dead at aged 39. People simply aren’t invincible and that can happen to anyone . I’m grateful for every day I get, even if I have to remind myself of that at times.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Funnily enough, it’s creator David Chase did create my favourite programme of all time, Northern Exposure.

I’m enjoying TS, maybe just hyped up a bit much .

But back to topic. My brother dropped dead at aged 39. People simply aren’t invincible and that can happen to anyone . I’m grateful for every day I get, even if I have to remind myself of that at times.

Yes, my half brother died aged 21, and my father in law died aged 65, having drawn his pension for just 8 months.
I’m glad I’m old and have seen my children and grandchildren growing up.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
When my age was the same as the other two members of the band ............... added together!

.............. and that was more than 40 years ago!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Remembering using red telephone boxes and excitingly renting a film from Blockbusters at the weekend. All ancient history nowadays.

D

Deleted member 2719

When I went to Boots the Chemist to get a couple of new toothbrushes and a pack of Nurofen.

As I was paying the woman behind the counter asked me if I would like to book a Flu Jab.

" Why, I enquired " ?

" It's free this year to over 50s she stated "

" You cheeky cow I responded "

Let NSC be the judge whether she was cheeky or not.:lol:

:needpics:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
A trip to the pharmacy for a prescription.

Being offered a seat post match a couple of times on park’n’ride, when not even 50 FFS. It was post match, I‘d just witnessed yet another defeat, so I put it down to looking ashen. I don’t like sitting in a freezing stadium either.

When others bring up “what are your plans for retirement then? in conversation.

Sorry Westander, but assessing the evidence put before the jury. You must look like a old git. It has to happen to some of us :rock:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I do. I’m not surprised. Love you HT.

I’ve started doing the old man grunt when getting up off the sofa. And I now have to shave my bloody ear holes. WTF.

Been doing that since my 30s. And the nostrils. Its when you start having to tweeze the hairs off your ear lobes you're in trouble. And don't start me on my eyebrows. Or back. :facepalm:

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
I remember when I was a teenager and thought people still listening to the Beatles were dinosaurs

and here I am some 40 plus years later still listening to the Stanglers

and I now realise just how good the Beatles were

time and tide and all that

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Found myself in Dunhelm this morning buying curtains. My days of youth are truly over

Also I was discussing Duran Duran with my colleagues last week, not one of them knew what I was talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The've never seen Barbarella? Philistines.

I love talking about bands and TV comedy with my students. They don't have a clue. Mind you, they are science students. When Gatiss/Pemberton et al's League of Gentleman had been on telly a few months I remarked to one of my male teaching assistants (actually my PhD student, who knew what I was on about) who had buggered something up in front of the undergrad class, "you're my wife now", expecting guffaws all round. Blank stares. Not only do these kids not know about the good old suff the know **** all about the good current stuff, it would seem.

Lucky I didn't go into my Peter Cook routine: "This bloke came up to me, and said "you ****"" etc. :facepalm: :lolol:

As an aside, my attention was first drawn to Mrs Tackle when, some years ago, we were talking about a colleague being a dick, and I said "That's when I reach for my revolver" and she said "Mission of Burma".

It isn't rocket science :shrug:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I remember when I was a teenager and thought people still listening to the Beatles were dinosaurs

and here I am some 40 plus years later still listening to the Stanglers

and I now realise just how good the Beatles were

time and tide and all that

I remember when I was a teenager and thought people still listening to Elvis were dinosaurs.

And here I am 40 plus years later still listening to The Stranglers

I still don’t like Elvis. :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports