Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ships gone that you miss?

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
IOW Sealink foot passenger Ships ,ah childhood memories of sneaking a beer aged 15 while the folks weren't looking.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
The Napoli - Scratch Joe public what's underneath a looter, a pirate and a thief.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The Ship, Lewes road

Sunday Lunchtime straight from Sunday morning football with the ahem.... entertainment !

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
My relationship by post with Lynda Bellingham. We'd written to each other with various levels of amorosity over around 3 years, the quality of the paper i'd poetically scribble in increasing in value for the first 2 of those. We'd arranged to meet, in a small town in Buckinghamshire, for an afternoon al fresco of steaming meats. I'd prepared myself for the day itself slowly, putting together some of the images she'd written about to formulate the picture of her perfect man, praying she'd not notice me to be merely 21. I'd waxed the middle of my pate repeatedly, polishing its bareness and dying in areas to add the blotchiness of age, willing no stubble to emerge itself. The moustache i'd grown was a young man's one and quite the wrong colour, so a thick painting of each hair was require and a regular dash of Isoflex High Performance Liquid Rubber was administered. Weeks before our date of lust, the correspondence lessened. I wrote daily, enclosing one of my lengthened oak-coloured bristles, and in reply a few days apart would be increasingly disinterested responses, matter of factual, arid, and on the cheapest, imperfectly-folded line A4. I was devastated and confronted her in writing, again and again firing off enquiries and accusations and the theories of the damned in her direction. 9 days passed and finally had my two-word riposte: NO MORE. Lynda, i cried out, scratching terribly at my regrowing scalp and tearing at the moustache hairs i wanted her to perfectly love as both a symbol of me and of Michael Redfearn. It still hurts for me to think about, and all the more when i glance at the blackened stains on my upper lip that Isoflex failed to warn me of fully. One learns though, not to throw one's irons into just one fire, for instance. I won't dive in head-or-heart-first this time, or to just one woman. Coleen Nolan and Nadia Sawahla have been sweetly answering my mailings for the last half-decade, and the passions for each are growing mutually. If my plans for their backstage flirtation to develop into something more physical come to fruition, then i'll be in what i believe to the first ever Loose Women threesome of note, and i'm of hope only one will depart with my bludgeoned shrunken heart in their mitts.

The barnacliest reference to missed, gone vessels in quite a while.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Previously known as the USS Phoenix, it was one a the very few ships not to be damaged/sunk at Pearl Harbour in WWII. Sold by USA to Argentina it become the first and only ship to be sunk by a nuclear powered submarine.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
HMS Surprise.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
HMS Herpes

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I don't know any ships but a Barnsley fan I know will miss the championship next year

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Previously known as the USS Phoenix, it was one a the very few ships not to be damaged/sunk at Pearl Harbour in WWII. Sold by USA to Argentina it become the first and only ship to be sunk by a nuclear powered submarine.
Not sure people should be joking about that. It was going back to Argentina away from the falklands and a lot of people died when there was still a chance of a peaceful solution. Not our finest hour i would suggest, over a wind swept sheep filled couple of islands.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Not sure people should be joking about that. It was going back to Argentina away from the falklands and a lot of people died when there was still a chance of a peaceful solution. Not our finest hour i would suggest, over a wind swept sheep filled couple of islands.

or we could talk about all the ships that the german u-boats sank in the atlantic during the 2nd world war

but guess what,we've all moved on

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Not entirely sure of your intent. I didn't joke but stated interesting facts about the ship which others may not be aware of, added to which a rather ironic one given it survived intact from Pearl Harbour.

Finally you point is rather simplistic and sounds critical of our right to defend our shores and the wish of the inhabitants.

Moving on. ....

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Not entirely sure of your intent. I didn't joke but stated interesting facts about the ship which others may not be aware of, added to which a rather ironic one given it survived intact from Pearl Harbour.

Finally you point is rather simplistic and sounds critical of our right to defend our shores and the wish of the inhabitants. I was actually refering to other people's comments who seemed to be joking about it. I just think the war could have been avoided if this action didnt take place. there was only a few thousand British people living their, and Argentina wrongly or rightly felt the Malvinas was their territory, a bit like if the Isle of Wight was part of Argentina. I just feel the lives lost on both sides could have been avoided.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Finally you point is rather simplistic and sounds critical of our right to defend our shores and the wish of the inhabitants. I was actually refering to other people's comments who seemed to be joking about it. I just think the war could have been avoided if this action didnt take place. there was only a few thousand British people living their, and Argentina wrongly or rightly felt the Malvinas was their territory, a bit like if the Isle of Wight was part of Argentina. I just feel the lives lost on both sides could have been avoided.

Yes, it could have been avoided, if the right wing Armed Forces Junta in Argentina, hadn't invaded against the wishes of 99% of the inhabitants, but somehow, we are the bad guys

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here