Votes: 121 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
View attachment 53853

God I hope he doesn't come here.

Never thought I'd see the day when I agreed with one of your posts.

I said this a month or so ago about Sherwood: He was quick to play the tactical when Spurs won and too quick to lambast the players when a lose occurred. So IMHO a numpty.

Paul Clement is a punt. But an educated punt. Which I would be very excited about.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm not saying they'd do this, but if the club retained Nathan Jones as Clement's Assistant then it would start to look very risky.

Clement will have a lot to learn about management in his first year, we'll definitely need an older man alongside him - I mentioned McGhee before, or Curbishley, someone like that .

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I'm not saying they'd do this, but if the club retained Nathan Jones as Clement's Assistant then it would start to look very risky.

Clement will have a lot to learn about management in his first year, we'll definitely need an older man alongside him - I mentioned McGhee before, or Curbishley, someone like that .

I can understand Nathan Jones being retained in the short term until the managerial vacancy is resolved, especially as he wasn't part of Oscar's own coaching team. So I do wonder if the Club may look to impose Nathan Jones on the new regime, especially if the manager is considered 'inexperienced'.

Of course Nathan Jones may well be an applicant for the managers job anyway? I bet he is confident enough to apply, assuming the criteria do not exclude him in some way. There is no guarantee that the Club will see him as suitable for the role but being a contender would provoke an interesting debate on here.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I can understand Nathan Jones being retained in the short term until the managerial vacancy is resolved, especially as he wasn't part of Oscar's own coaching team. So I do wonder if the Club may look to impose Nathan Jones on the new regime, especially if the manager is considered 'inexperienced'.

Of course Nathan Jones may well be an applicant for the managers job anyway? I bet he is confident enough to apply, assuming the criteria do not exclude him in some way. There is no guarantee that the Club will see him as suitable for the role but being a contender would provoke an interesting debate on here.

If Nathan was up for it, there's a brand new academy to run opening in two weeks time...

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If Nathan was up for it, there's a brand new academy to run opening in two weeks time...

Ruben Martinez & Juan Torrijo are still here so it will be interesting to know if they are going to play a part in the academy setup initially, it may suit them and their families to stay in the UK?

I don’t know how their contracts will pan out but I’m curious about their status now :shrug:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Ruben Martinez & Juan Torrijo are still here so it will be interesting to know if they are going to play a part in the academy setup initially, it may suit them and their families to stay in the UK?

I don’t know how their contracts will pan out but I’m curious about their status now :shrug:

They'll both resign once Oscar gets a job. Or he won't get a job and we'll pay them off when the new bloke comes in.

Which would make it interesting if the new candidate had never managed before :whistle:

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
If Sherwood had a constant moan up about the players Spurs signed, I'd love to see how he deals with having the likes of Jonathan Obika thrust upon his squad

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
You're not suggesting Charlie Oatway are you :lolol:

Seems unlikely...

JS33001685.jpg

Attachments

• CharlieOatwayGusPoyet_2822897.jpg
    CharlieOatwayGusPoyet_2822897.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 159

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Sherwood vs Kemy

Kemy is the sort of player Sherwood would bring back from the reserves just to prove a point of "look at me, I am better than the old manager as this discarded player is doing well". And then they'd come up with a cringeworthy and stupid salute

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sherwood sounds like a guy who's too fly by half and one way too ready to have a pop at his employers. If he were to be hired, we'd be re-enacting the drama llama of the past two seasons all over again, only maybe this time as early as the transfer window. Avoid!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Kemy is the sort of player Sherwood would bring back from the reserves just to prove a point of "look at me, I am better than the old manager as this discarded player is doing well". And then they'd come up with a cringeworthy and stupid salute

:lolol:
Though I think a reckless driving gesture might be more appropriate.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Your right it would be really embarassing if Sherwood got our most talented Centre Midfeilder back on side and playing at the top of his game like he did with Adebayor...... i for one would be joining in with whatever "stupid" salute they came up with

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Your right it would be really embarassing if Sherwood got our most talented Centre Midfeilder back on side and playing at the top of his game like he did with Adebayor...... i for one would be joining in with whatever "stupid" salute they came up with

Let's just hope he doesn't single handedly blame our most talented central defender for a defeat when playing him out of position at left back. And I guess we will also be hearing a lot more from Tony Bloom as Sherwood will need his backing every other game to ensure that "silence isn't deafening". And I'm sure it will be excellent for team morale when we make a load of new signings who the manager then derides as not being value for money in public

The manager being a bit of a bellend is not a disqualification for the job though. In some ways, it adds to the match day entertainment

I would take Sherwood's limited number one experience over Clement's none - but it's a coin toss, after all Oscar had more of that than Gus at the equivalent stage

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
The manager being a bit of a bellend is not a disqualification for the job though. In some ways, it adds to the match day entertainment

Some managers being a bellend doesn't effect the job they do - like Steve Evans. Sherwood's on the other hand for me does.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd be interested in the results of a Malky Mackay vs Clement poll. If I wasn't at work I'd get it sorted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here