• Clement

Votes: 121 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Sherwood gives the impression he likes to be a bit too pally with the players by getting involved with the goal celebrations.

Tim nice but dim?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No point getting a manager in who will only want promotion next year.

Bloom needs someone to do it on his timescale and someone like Chris Powell would be the right fit in my eyes to give us stability.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The only way Chris Powell will get us promoted is if we go down first!

Strongly disagree, he is a very good manager. When Charlton got promoted he took them to 9th in the Championship and we struggled playing against them.

He shouldn't be judged on what happened this season as he had to deal with difficult changes at the club and had no support.

He would be a great appointment, he is loyal with realistic ambition that will match our timescale.

Last edited:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
God, I never thought I'd say this, but I'd prefer Sherwood... Good contacts in the English game and a drive to play attractive, attractive (if occasionally tactically naive) football... Plus, he knows the youth set up well at Spurs and we could potentially to better than Jon bl**dy Obika!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I think we should have an experienced manager.

Ron-Atkinson.jpg

???

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If it has to be a straight choice between the two, l'd have to go for Tim Sherwood. I still feel however that we need a manager who is tried and trusted in the Championship, with preferably the experience of managing a team who has previously been promoted from it.

For me its Malky MacKay all the way. Whether we would be able to afford him is entirely another matter.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If it has to be a straight choice between the two, l'd have to go for Tim Sherwood. I still feel however that we need a manager who is tried and trusted in the Championship, with preferably the experience of managing a team who has previously been promoted from it.

For me its Malky MacKay all the way. Whether we would be able to afford him is entirely another matter.

Malky has ruled himself out http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/11217260.Mackay_distances_himself_from_Albion_vacancy/

We won't get a manager who knows we won't take a punt in the January window and our position on this is well documented now. We need a manager who will be patient and will draw players on loan.

As long as the next manager is clear and can work with the plan I am sure we will find him. Sherwood would be good and I think he knows Barber, but I can see Chris Powell or Hughton doing a good job as they both understand the Championship.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Interesting movements on the betting markets, with Neil Lennon favourite to take over at Norwich and Dave Jones favourite at West Brom.

Norwich put out a statement on 11th May that they wanted to fill their position "within a week" so it's likely that will be first. It will either be him or Malky Mackay - tough to know which way that will go. Sherwood seems down the pecking order on that job.

West Brom have recently appointed Terry Burton to help with their recruitment process and act as a Technical Director, and he was assistant to Dave Jones at Cardiff. Jeremy Peace and Jones are friends, the odds are shortening on Jones getting that gig.

It looks highly likely that at least one, if not both, of Sherwood and Mackay will be available when we make our appointment. I see this presently as a 3-horse race with Clement.

The low risk appointment is definitely Malky Mackay. He ticks a lot of boxes and surely won't be looking to fall out with his chairman again after his Vincent Tan experience. Getting Paul Clement in as manager is tempting because of his coaching ability and schooling. In terms of fit with the squad and the way we do things at the club Clement would seem the most suitable candidate.

Sherwood COULD work, I'd be worried that he'd shoot his mouth off. Can we take that risk at this stage?

Clement with an experienced No. 2 alongside him gets my vote, but I think Bloom will have 3 decent candidates to approach there.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Tim-Sherwood-Emmanuel-Adebayor-Tottenham.png

God I hope he doesn't come here.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Would be happy to be wrong, but I don't rate Sherwood at all, from what I've seen. He certainly hasn't proved anything in the short time he was in charge at Spurs, other than sulking and blaming his players when they lost. I think we'd be going backward with him in charge and I don't think TB is that stupid

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Lets be fair to Sherwood, he was hung out to dry by Spurs from day 1, he had quite a bit to whinge about.
His players let him down a few times badly, so he told them so... big deal, I like that.

He gave a lot of young lads a game, and is good at working with young players.

Whats not to like ...

TheBigUnit

Apr 4, 2012
London
Paul Clement looks flair!

Personal information
Date of birth 8 January 1972 (age 42)
Place of birth England

Current club Real Madrid (Assistant Coach)

Teams managed

1996–1999 Chelsea (Academy Coach)
1999–2000 Fulham (Academy Coach)
2000 Republic Of Ireland U-21 (Coach)
2007–2011 Chelsea (Coach)
2011–2012 Blackburn Rovers (Assistant Coach)
2012–2013 Paris Saint-Germain (Assistant Coach)
2013– Real Madrid (Assistant Coach)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here