Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sherwood sacked

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No wins in his first eight league games in charge of FC Zurich, taking a team that finished third last season to rock bottom 13 games into the season.

So it wasn't just us :moo:
But someone at Villa wants 'anyone but Hughton'. Sami will do then :lolol:

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
Two clearly are.

Are you saying they ALL are then?
No.
Nor was I.
A lot of people were suggesting he was the DBs and were saying they could not understand why he had not been snapped up. I thought the jury was out after his Spurs spell and the spell at Villa has not been great, so where re all the fans now?

Last edited:

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
always going to struggle after selling Benteke and Delph

club are terribly run and O'Neill got out at the right time

Sherwood had best win % i think since O'Neill....club are destined to be relegated and drift around Championship

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
No wins in his first eight league games in charge of FC Zurich, taking a team that finished third last season to rock bottom 13 games into the season.

So it wasn't just us :moo:

They were bottom when he joined, I believe.
So, yeah, standard stuff from the Clueless one, but he's inherited a crap side.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
:lolol:

Perhaps they'd prefer Sami :lolol:

Sami's league record - Brighton and Zurich combined:

P35 W4 D16 L15 Pts 28

4 wins out of 35!! Nobody's gone downhill this fast in Switzerland since the days of Pirmin Zurbriggen and Pieter Muller!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
They were bottom when he joined, I believe.
So, yeah, standard stuff from the Clueless one, but he's inherited a crap side.

Before Hyypia:

swisspl1.png

With Hyypia:

swisspl2.png

Does seem as if he hasn't inherited a great side, but they did finish 3rd last season. Wonder how long they will stick with him.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Hyypia for me is a classy guy, not many would walk from a lucratively paid job without a pay off but he is tactically completely out of his depth as a football manager. Think he should consider becoming a defensive coach but leave the management game alone.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Hyypia for me is a classy guy, not many would walk from a lucratively paid job without a pay off but he is tactically completely out of his depth as a football manager. Think he should consider becoming a defensive coach but leave the management game alone.

How do we know what he was paid when he left?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Not exactly doing any better with Garde in charge, 1-0 down at home to the Arsenal already- defeat would leave them 8 points adrift of safety with no wins in 15.

They must be light on options if they're persisting with Alan Hutton, he is a penalty/og magnet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here